Re: madden 17 formation sub feature not working in offline franchise

by williamswantek

Original Post

madden 17 formation sub feature not working in offline franchise

★ Novice

Product: Madden 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug: I'm currently playing with the Bills as an owner in offline franchise. I was excited to use the formation sub feature, but it doesn't work. If I go to Schemes under Coach, I select my defensive and offensive playbook. However, when I go to formation sub, the offense and defense playbook is still Rex Ryan's. If I try to make any changes, it doesn't even save the change. Basically, that feature is completely broken. I'm hoping you guys will fix it in the next patch.
How often does the bug occur?: Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Choose the Bills for offline franchise. Select as the Scheme under Coach 4-3 defense. Go to Formation Subs, and you will see that the defensive playbook will show Rex Ryan's playbook. Also, try to make a change and then go to the main menu, go back to formation subs, and your changes weren't saved.
What happens when the bug occurs?: You can't use formation sub
What do you expect to see?: To be able to make formation subs for my franchise team.
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?:
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?:
Date/time issue occurred: August 23rd 2016
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode?: No

I'm currently playing with the Bills as an owner in offline franchise. I was excited to use the formation sub feature, but it doesn't work. If I go to Schemes under Coach, I select my defensive and offensive playbook. However, when I go to formation sub, the offense and defense playbook is still Rex Ryan's. If I try to make any changes, it doesn't even save the change.

Basically, that feature is completely broken. I'm hoping you guys will fix it in the next patch.

Message 1 of 9 (4,981 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I have the same issue on my ps4
Message 2 of 9 (4,913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same thing with me. Bought Madden 17 mainly because I heard this feature was back. Last madden I had was M12. Really disappointed because I enjoy scheming with my defensive subs a certain way. I hope this gets fixed soon. Also no kickoff subs? Not that it matters cause it wouldn't work anyway but why not add it too?

Message 3 of 9 (4,733 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had an issue which sounds similar. I was the "owner" of the Vikings and wanted to use a different playbook. So, I selected the offensive and defensive playbook I wanted under "scheme." However, when I went to "formation subs" the Vikings playbook was displayed. I could make substitutions in the Vikings Playbook but not the playbook I had selected in Scheme. It was super frustrating because there's a note reading, "Tip: You can change your selected playbook using the Scheme menu in My Coach."

The solution (albeit not perfect) is to go to "settings" --> "retire" --> "create a new character" --> choose your team--> then change role to Coach (being a coach seems to be the key).

It should work now... 

But!!! You'll lose Owner abilities, the owner will be fired, and you can't be the owner again if you wish to. 

Message 4 of 9 (4,652 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here.  Was using offline franchise with the Dolphins.

I too was using owner instead of coach. You can set subs but in games they have the base formation with no subs made.

Can cycle though sub packages but base formation has wr1 in traditional wr1 spot etc ignoring the substitution. This seams wrong to me as I would expect to see the player I have subbed in the formation when I select the play.

very annoying indeed.

stevo1377

Message 5 of 9 (4,602 Views)

formation subs

★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug formation subs have not worked since day one. one example is put any player other than #4 cb on depth chart into your fg block position. play game. you will see no matter who you put into this slot, your #4 cb will be there. just one example as all off and def special teams in formation subs do not work and have never worked. 3 months of reporting numerous bugs and still with the patches out they have not fixed
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? see above
What happens when the bug occurs? formation subs do not work
What do you expect to see? fix formation subs so that when you sub someone they are actually in that spoy
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode? No

please fix
Message 6 of 9 (3,912 Views)

Madden 17 Substitution

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Can't substitute any players in "Play Now."
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Players won't substitute via formation sub or depth chart.
What happens when the bug occurs? Players stay the same even after being substituted.
What do you expect to see? Substituted players instead of starting players.
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed? N/A
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Dysrhythmic
Date/time issue occurred 1/24/2017 @ 3 PM
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode? No

Message 7 of 9 (3,388 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yeah I really don't know what's going on. I have an Atlanta Falcons franchise and every time I do formation subs for whether offense or defense, it automatically resets after I leave the screen. Total waste of time now, took 2hrs to set up...Nothing!
Message 8 of 9 (3,361 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
You have to hire a coach to fit what scheme you want.
Message 9 of 9 (3,270 Views)