Re: Madden 17 stuck on Ready screen for regular season game

by Hegothey

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden 17 stuck on Ready screen for regular season game

★★★ Newbie

Long story short, I can't play a regular season game.  The game stays at the "Ready, Please Wait" screen.  It's not frozen as I can hear the music and the circle with four quadrants keeps moving around.  I've let this run for hours with no progress.  System is an Xbox One.

Now for what I've done.  I've deleted all content, including gamertag, profile, etc.  Uninstalled the game and reinstalled it.  I've even sent the first game back for a replacement and am having the exact same issues with the new disc (no issues with any other game I own).  I was able to play preseason games but the second I try to play a regular season game it freezes.  I'm trying this on the franchise mode (offline) and playing as a player I've created. 

No, I haven't tried any other method yet.  I will try though to help with troubleshooting but I honestly shouldn't have to.  This is a feature in the game that I want and it should work as intended.  Any help you all can give me would be greatly appreiated.

Message 1 of 5 (463 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Ok, I found if I do a regular franchise mode without creating a new player or modifying an existing player it'll work (for now...was able to play one regular season game so far).  Still pissed off I can't play the game with a created player and will still warn people about the game until it is fixed.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (477 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Ok, I found if I do a regular franchise mode without creating a new player or modifying an existing player it'll work (for now...was able to play one regular season game so far).  Still pissed off I can't play the game with a created player and will still warn people about the game until it is fixed.

Message 2 of 5 (478 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wouldn't consider this an accepted solution.  I just found a way to actually play the game.  The fact that the game remains broken if you want to play a franchise with a created player still needs to be addressed.

Message 3 of 5 (434 Views)

Community Manager

@Hegothey

Yes, this does need to be addressed by us. Your post was marked as a solution as it is an effective workaround until this is resolved.

barry.png
Message 4 of 5 (427 Views)

★★★ Newbie
RIDICULOUS!!! I've had the exact same issue with every Madden game I've PAID for (and there have been multiple disks exchanged) since Madden 25! There is never a real solution. I forked over the cash AGAIN this year because I updated to PS4, nothing has changed. Same lack of integrity on your part EA, you should be ashamed. You probably lie to people when they ask you where you work.
Message 5 of 5 (384 Views)