Focus player

by abc511669094

Original Post

Madden 17 freezes in weekly training - Franchise Mode

★★★★ Novice

Product: Madden 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug: After changing the focus players in the weekly training and trying to start training the CPU is saying that focus players have to be choosen to start training then again starting training the training is loading for decades.
How often does the bug occur?: Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: 1. Change focus players in weekly training franchise mode 2. Start weekly training - error message pop-up that no focus players are choosen 3. Try to start training again - no sim! 4. Training is loading for decades
What happens when the bug occurs?: Training is loading for decades
What do you expect to see?: Training lessons to improve players
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?: Till I try weekly training
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?: Tommy Sonido
Date/time issue occurred: 04.09.2016
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode?: Yes
If yes, how many users are in your league?: 3
If yes, how many players are in your league?:
If yes, how many coaches are in your league?:
If yes, how many owners are in your league?: 3

Message 1 of 12 (3,792 Views)
Highlighted

Focus player

★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug: After latest roster update (9/9/2016) when ever I go to train before a game I select my 3 focus players. I select the offense and defense plays I want to run and I hit "Play". I receive a message that says I must select my focus player. After acknowledging the message I select play again and the practice seems to be "stuck" in the loading screen and the game never comes up. I then have to quit Madden 17 and do start the process all over again. Rinse and repeat. No matter what play or player I cannot get the practice game to load. I recognize this same bug from madden 15 (Not sure if it was ever fixed in the first place).
How often does the bug occur?: Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Move your players in your roster outside of what is set by default. I.E. Perhaps move a starter to a second stringer or move a SS to FS? This is all I have done but I do not believe that is the problem.
What happens when the bug occurs?: Stuck in loading phase
What do you expect to see?: The game practice to load
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?: Never crashes, just stays in loading screen
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?: RecentHorizons98
Date/time issue occurred: Friday, Sepetember 9, 2016 2000 MST
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode?: Unknown

Nothing to really screen shoot.

Message 2 of 12 (3,690 Views)

Re: Madden 17 freezes in weekly training - Franchise Mode

★★★ Newbie
Having the same issue on PS4. Has rendered franchise mode completely unplayable since purchasing the game. Unacceptable.
Message 3 of 12 (3,689 Views)

Re: Focus player

★★★ Newbie

I to have been having this problem and have tried to fix it, but I haven't gotten anywhere. I tried switching around some players in my depth chart, but still the same thing keeps happening. I would love to get help as soon as possible, please and thank you.

Message 4 of 12 (3,669 Views)

★ Novice

I just had this issue in preseason week 4. I've read that it can be resolved by adjusting your roster or depth chart. For me, depth chart didn't do it.

After some extra troubleshooting, I realized it was because I had too many players on my active roster. I had signed an extra player to replace an injured player. The injury was only for 3 weeks, so wasn't worth putting the guy on IR, but the new player put me over the roster cap. Since it was preseason, the game apparently doesn't enforce a roster limit (and didn't bother warning me about being over the pre week 4 roster limit), but I noticed that the Week 4 activities included "Cut 11 players". Usually in week 4, you're only supposed to cut 10 players. So I cut some dead weight (so that the activity now says "cut 10 players") and the training loaded.

Glad to find it was just poor error-reporting from Tiburon, rather than a game-breaking glitch. Hope this resolves the OP's issue too.

Message 5 of 12 (3,585 Views)

Community Manager

@Tommy_Sonido

Can you check the post above from @MegaBearsFan and let us know if that is helpful, thanks.

barry.png
Message 6 of 12 (3,578 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Barry

I did a little more experimenting with this issue last night and this morning. I've written a blog post describing my findings:

http://www.megabearsfan.net/post/2016/09/19/How-to-fix-Madden-17-training-bug.aspx

In summary, I found that the following conditions can cause this error:

• There are no players at a given roster position,
  • The only player(s) in a given roster position is/are injured,
  • There are too many players on your active roster.

The fixes / work-arounds that I found are:

1. Verify that you do, in fact, have focus players and drills selected.
    If not, then select some.
  2. Verify that you have the required number of players at all roster positions.
    If not, then sign a free agent at the relevant position.
  3. Verify that the only active player(s) in a given position are not injured.
    If the only player is injured, then sign a replacement player.
  4. Verify that no position on your depth chart is empty.
    If a position is empty, then substitute a player into that position.
  5. Verify that you do not have too many players on your active roster.
    If not, then cut players until you are below the roster limit for the given week.

While testing, I did notice that after making a fix to the roster, the game would still hard crash (PS4 blue-screen crash) when loading the training. If I exit the game, restart it, and reload the franchise autosave, everything seemed to work and the training loaded properly. So if you've performed the above steps, and you still get an infinite loading screen and/or crash, try restarting the game and reloading the file, and it hopefully will work.

It's still possible that there are other conditions that cause this error, but I didn't encounter any while testing. So there may still be a larger problem. I hope this info helps! Standard smile

Message 7 of 12 (3,563 Views)

Community Manager

@MegaBearsFan

Good post, thanks.

@Tommy_Sonido@TheNickStorm12@apmorley92@abc511669094

Can you guys try the above steps and let us know if they help you, thanks.

barry.png
Message 8 of 12 (3,544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I noticed I was receiving this crash because I had a LOLB playing at ROLB (because I had no ROLB in the roster update). Once I changed the player position it then worked. Hopefully you guys at EA can update the actual roster for the Rams. Some players missing and some players on the active roster who are not currently active. All in all though, instead of doing work around (which is great for temporary purposes) an actual fix to the rosters may help. Thanks for listening.

Message 9 of 12 (3,530 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey Barry!

I don´t have this problem anymore, but it could be related with to many players on the roster.

Thank you & have a great day!

Tommy

Message 10 of 12 (3,519 Views)