Madden 17' Running with the ball issues H2H

by Bstoudtnodoubt

Original Post

Madden 17' Running with the ball issues H2H

★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden 17
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug: The player I am controlling just doesn't want to run. I can catch a long pass, but he will do a half * jog (while I press turbo) and get tackled from behind. Or on kick returns , he just doesn't wanna run while I am pressing R2. I keep getting tackled inside the 15. Can someone help me out?
How often does the bug occur?: Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Idk.
What happens when the bug occurs?: It pisses me off
What do you expect to see?: A fix
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?: Didn't crash
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?: Reddot924
Date/time issue occurred: Every day
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode?: No

N/a
Message 1 of 11 (14,663 Views)

Re: Madden 17' Running with the ball issues H2H

★★★ Newbie

I feel the same thing is happening with me.  I feel like it's something around accidentally clicking down on the L3 button, it's so annoying though and has cost me a lot of points.  Please EA Sports, please fix this issue on Madden 17 or get rid of the L3 slow down issue. 

Message 2 of 11 (14,558 Views)

madden 17 ps4 rushing slowdown and/or L3 Issue

★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden 17
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug: While trying to run with a player after a catch, during kickoff or during running the player will slow down dramatically and then go back to regular speed but all other players will stay at normal speed. I feel like this happens around accidentally pressing the left stick too hard and clicking L3. However, I can't find a use for L3 on any Madden 17 tutorials. It's really annoying since WRs will get caught by linebackers after a long pass. Hopefully this is a bug or they can get rid of the L3 issue.
How often does the bug occur?: Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Please try pressing the left stick hard enough to click the L3 button while running during running plays, kickoff returns, and after pass completions. Seems to happen more sensitively near sidelines.
What happens when the bug occurs?: Player dramatically slows down like a jog versus normal speed, I'm clicking the or holding the R2 as well for boost.
What do you expect to see?: Please get rid of L3 issue or the bug that is causing this.
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?: never crashed
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?: bblumen11
Date/time issue occurred: always
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode?: Yes
If yes, how many users are in your league?: 4
If yes, how many players are in your league?: 4
If yes, how many coaches are in your league?: 4
If yes, how many owners are in your league?: 4

This will happen not just on franchise but also online. 

Message 3 of 11 (14,564 Views)

Re: madden 17 ps4 rushing slowdown and/or L3 Issue

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem in PS 4.  Playing offline "Play Now"  Very frustrating trying to feather the left stick so I don't press L3 but still cannnot get runner to move.  R2 only seems to slow or even stop the ball carrier.  Basically cannot even use the running game.  VERY frustrated.

Message 4 of 11 (14,508 Views)

Re: madden 17 ps4 rushing slowdown and/or L3 Issue

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. Any solutions yet?

Message 5 of 11 (14,468 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem, it's really annoying.

Anyone found a reason or a fix??

Message 6 of 11 (14,364 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i been having the same problem on my ps4. last year on my ps3 the player i was running with was better responsive to the controls.

one thing that has helped me including on kick returns is to be more selective with the speed burst button. if i make a catch and run

i turn upfield without the r2 until i straighten my guy out. with run plays i dont use r2 right away unless its a straight ahead run play and on returns

i wait for some blocks to develop the find a lane if its there then r2. by being more selective with speed burst it helps.

Message 7 of 11 (14,349 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Where you able to have this fix? I am having the same issue
Message 8 of 11 (14,063 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

WOW. That means I accidentally pressed L3. Why the hell would pressing L3 cause me to run in slow motion? That makes no sense thats the steer button. Obviously we press it by accident because we are excited. You dont know how many touchdowns and games this cost me. 

Please fix this nonsense. 

Message 9 of 11 (13,551 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This glitch just cost me a game. Missed out on a lot of pick 6's due to this foolishness. 

Message 10 of 11 (13,550 Views)