Madden 17 Offline PAT Kick being lined up at the 28 and 41 Yard Lines

by SeaGL_Gaming

Original Post

Madden 17 Offline PAT Kick being lined up at the 28 and 41 Yard Lines

★★★ Novice

Product: Madden 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug When playing on offline CFM, whether you are on offense or defense, after usering and either scoring a touchdown or giving up a touchdown and then slow sim the PAT kick, it will line the ball up at the 28 yard line instead of the 15. If you take too long, then it will line the kick up at the 41 yard line.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Going on offense, drive down and score, and then slow sim the PAT. It happens every time so it should be easy to find it.
What happens when the bug occurs? It will line the PAT at the 28 yard line and sometimes at the 41 yard line.
What do you expect to see? The ball to be lined up at the 15 yard line.
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Mercinary114
Date/time issue occurred N/A, occurs every time I user a touchdown and slow sim the PAT (has occurred with every recent update)
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode? Yes
If yes, how many users are in your league? 1, offline
If yes, how many players are in your league? 0
If yes, how many coaches are in your league? 1
If yes, how many owners are in your league? 0

This glitch is not major as most of the time it only moves the field goal back to the 28 yard line which is still in distance for kickers, but it still ruins the immersion. Sometimes it will line the PAT up at the 41 yard line. Not sure what causes it to be lined up at the 41, but I think it occurs when you do not skip the replays of the touchdown, let the Choose Play menu come up without skipping, and then slow simming the PAT. 

I like to slow sim my franchise games because I use it as background noise while doing work. I do sometimes take over on offense if I feel like we need a drive or better execution. If I score a touchdown, I usually instantly slow sim the PAT and the rest of the game until the game is over or I feel I need to take back over. If I slow sim the PAT, it's guaranteed to line the ball up at the 28 yard line or occasionally the 41 yard line.

I'm about to try to replicate the glitches and try to record clips of the game lining the ball up at both yard lines. So any devs or moderators, please check back later for the videos.

Message 1 of 7 (2,038 Views)

Re: Madden 17 Offline PAT Kick being lined up at the 28 and 41 Yard Lines

★★★ Novice

Here is a clip of the ball being lined up at the 28 yard line after scoring a touchdown and slow simming the PAT kick. Notice that the sim is on slow and that the yard line goes from the 2 yard line, to the 15, to the 28 yard line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm6JZGwnWW0&feature=youtu.be

Message 2 of 7 (2,026 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Are you getting any penalties?

Delay of game/False start?

Message 3 of 7 (2,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@jeffherron wrote:

Are you getting any penalties?

Delay of game/False start?

Nope, as seen in the video in the link, it just automatically moves the spot of the ball to the 28 every time I slow sim the PAT. If it is, then there's simply an issue with an automatic penalty occurring every time you slow sim it and that penalty not being shown in game.

Message 4 of 7 (2,006 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
could not see video, it is set to private.
have you tried not doing slow sim and seeing if that solves it. if it is not a penalty, i would think it would be the slow sim. i have never used slow sim (always use fast) so not sure
Message 5 of 7 (1,984 Views)

★ Apprentice

Can we get an update on this because this is happening to me too on an online CFM. Also, during the playoffs I had to attempt an extra point from the 30 yard line. This is a major issue.

Message 6 of 7 (1,542 Views)

Community Manager

@BareassBabooN 

Sorry to hear that happened to you. This post is back from 2016 for Madden 17 and the team has moved on to Madden 20 and 21, thus I cannot guarantee this will be addressed for Madden 17. I'll be locking this thread to avoid further necroposting, please create a new post in the Madden 20 boards if you were referring to Madden 20 or in these boards for any other past Madden titles prior to 20.

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 7 (1,320 Views)