Madden 17 Offline Franchise Mode Trade not Working

by SeaGL_Gaming

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden 17 Offline Franchise Mode Trade not Working

★★★ Novice

Product: Madden 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug: I'm experiencing a glitch where I can't trade away a player if a team has offered me three draft picks. I had drafted and had a lot of talent at defensive tackle so I wanted to trade away Danny Shelton. I placed him on trade block, skipped to next week, and was offered a 2020 2nd round pick, 2019 fifth round pick, and a 2020 fifth round pick by the Colts. I accepted and was then told that one of my picks offered no longer existed even though I didn't offer any picks. It said the Colts had declined the offer they offered in the To Do menu. At first I just thought the message was glitched until I went to next week when the Colts offered the exact same offer, I then accepted, and the same error occurred. I eventually accepted another team's offer of a 2020 2nd round pick and a 2019 fifth round pick.
How often does the bug occur?: Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Not sure exactly what was causing the glitch, but I believe it had something to do with accepting the offer of a team who offered three draft picks for a player I had on trade block.
What happens when the bug occurs?: I'm given a message that says something along the lines of "One of the picks offered by your team (Huskies) is no longer available." It then says the Colts, the team I was attempting to trade with, declined the offer in the To Do menu.
What do you expect to see?: I've never experienced a team decline an offer for a player on my trade block so I was 100% expecting that the trade offer would be accepted, and I would get the 2020 2nd round pick, 2019 fifth round pick, and the 2020 fifth round pick.
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?:
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?: Mercinary114
Date/time issue occurred: Has occurred multiple times, no specific time or date
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode?: Yes
If yes, how many users are in your league?: 1
If yes, how many players are in your league?: o
If yes, how many coaches are in your league?: o
If yes, how many owners are in your league?: 1

This issue has occurred multiple times three weeks straight (in game). I eventually made a trade that offered me only two picks, and the trade worked just fine. It's not a game breaking glitch, but it was annoying that I lost a pick because of it. The issue isn't that the Colts declined, but that the game thought that I was offering a pick that didn't exist which is what I believe is happening.

Message 1 of 7 (13,812 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Madden 17 Offline Franchise Mode Trade not Working

★★★ Apprentice

There is an upper limit to the number of draft picks that a team can have in a given season.  It is pretty high, I believe around 20.  If a trade would give you more picks than that in one season, it will give the message that you state.  It didn't work when you got 2 picks back, in 2020 but worked with only one picks coming back, likely because you were 1 under the limit and getting 2 picks would have put you over.  You can either reduce the number of picks you get back, or you can throw in a 7th to keep your total number of picks in the season under the limit.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (17,702 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

There is an upper limit to the number of draft picks that a team can have in a given season.  It is pretty high, I believe around 20.  If a trade would give you more picks than that in one season, it will give the message that you state.  It didn't work when you got 2 picks back, in 2020 but worked with only one picks coming back, likely because you were 1 under the limit and getting 2 picks would have put you over.  You can either reduce the number of picks you get back, or you can throw in a 7th to keep your total number of picks in the season under the limit.

Message 2 of 7 (17,703 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How do I add a player to the trade block?
Message 3 of 7 (13,500 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Why in the word is there a maximum amount of draft picks you can have. 

Message 4 of 7 (12,976 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Follow up (besides this being stupid to have a max set),

it appears that the maximum is set to 25.

When I am at 25 picks for a year, I am forced to trade out 2 years to still receive picks.

Message 5 of 7 (12,888 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Select the player and you will have a variety of options (use players xp, edit player, etc.).

Look for "add to trading block". If you already have player on trading block, you will see "remove from trading block.

Keep in mind if you trading deadline set up, you can not trade past week 8.

Message 6 of 7 (12,837 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just wanted to add, that to solve this problem just trade some of your drafts picks to another team, trade 3 smaller ones for a high first-round pick and it will give you room to get more 

Message 7 of 7 (2,909 Views)