Madden 17 Controller Bug

by DemonEyedHugo

Original Post

Madden 17 Controller Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug If my controller dies or turns off from inactivity, when I turn it back on it is completely unresponsive in madden. However I can press the home button and move around the Xbox dashboard. (This happens in and out of connected franchise mode it even happens when just sitting at the main menu)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn off your controller
What happens when the bug occurs? Madden is unresponsive but the controller is on and working. The ticker at the bottom keeps scrolling so I know madden isn't frozen.
What do you expect to see? The game responding to what buttons I press
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed? The game does not crash
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Touch So Petty
Date/time issue occurred Nov 19 2016 and multiple other occasions
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode? Yes
If yes, how many users are in your league? 32
If yes, how many players are in your league? 0
If yes, how many coaches are in your league? 32
If yes, how many owners are in your league? 0

Message 3 of 16 (14,469 Views)

Can't re-connect controller

★★ Newbie
While I have my madden 17 launched, if my controllers dies or if I were to disconnect it, when I go to reconnect my controller will turn on but I can't do anything on the menus. I can hit my home button and do whatever on xbox home but in the madden app I can't hit resume game for example or anything at all. It's a problem when I'm in the middle of my franchise game and I go to do something and my controller dies and then I have to restart the app and lose the progress in my game. Only happens with this game.
Message 1 of 16 (14,425 Views)

Controller issues

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Can any one tell me why if you put your controller down for a couple of minutes or you plug it up to charge because your battery is low why you cant resume the game? My game always freeze up and So now you have to quit the game and start all over. Can some one help and answer please?

Message 2 of 16 (14,410 Views)

Re: Controller issues

★★★★ Apprentice
not sure about xbox as i have ps4. i have 2 controllers, so 1 is always plugged in charging, so i just swap them out every so often and have had no problems relating to a controller
Message 4 of 16 (14,327 Views)

Re: Madden 17 Controller Bug

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

DEV TEAM IF YOU SEE THIS.... Please FIX YOUR GAME!!! What is going on !!!!! [Comment Removed - Admin.]

Message 5 of 16 (14,287 Views)

Community Manager

@amon81310

• Make sure your controller is charged
  • Test the controller on another game
  • Test another controller on this game
  • Replace the batteries in your controller and retry.
barry.png
Message 6 of 16 (14,267 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is so annoying. I've lost so much progress due to this bug. Please fix this.
Message 7 of 16 (14,238 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It's happened to me 3 times now in Franchise Mode. But every time it's happened to me my controller has been charged and working fine. Each time it's happened it's been at the end of a play.
Message 8 of 16 (14,222 Views)

★★ Novice

This is still a problem. Happens 100% every single time a controller dies. 

Doesnt happen in any other game, just MADDEN 17. 

Message 9 of 16 (14,086 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How in the hell does that offer a solution?? That does nothing! This literally just happened to me and cost me the superbowl.. Complete *
Message 10 of 16 (13,968 Views)