GAME BREAKING Run/Pass Glitch in Madden 17

by VikkiVik

Original Post

Accepted Solution

GAME BREAKING Run/Pass Glitch in Madden 17

★ Novice

Product: Madden 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug: While playing an opponent online I can tell when he picked a running play and when he picked a passing play. I can tell by simly holding down RT (Coach Cam) on defense: If my opponet's receiver's names show up under them, it's a pass play; if the receiver's names don't show up under them, it's a run play. Also when I'm on offense they can tell whether I'm running or passing the ball the same way I exlained.
How often does the bug occur?: Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Play a game online, hold RT while on defense, let the opponent hike the ball and see for yourselves.
What happens when the bug occurs?: Football is supposed to be a game of chess, not checkers. So knowing what your opponent is doing and your opponent knowing what you're doing is game breaking to say the least.
What do you expect to see?: I expect the opponent's receiver's names to show under them while holding RT EVERY PLAY whether it's a run or a pass.
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?: Didn't crash.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?: Vikki Vik 11
Date/time issue occurred: 8/18/16 12:00AM EST
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode?: Unknown

This is a YouTube video of the glitch in action. 

Message 1 of 10 (2,050 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: GAME BREAKING Run/Pass Glitch in Madden 17

★ Guide

As I stated in another thread, this issue appears to be resolved.

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (1,850 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Platform:PS4
Summarize your bug: While playing an opponent online I can tell when he picked a running play and when he picked a passing play. I can tell by simply holding down R2 (Coach Cam) on defense: If my opponet's receiver's names show up under them, it's a pass play; if the receiver's names don't show up under them, it's a run play. Also when I'm on offense they can tell whether I'm running or passing the ball the same way I exlained.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Play a game, hold R2 while on defense, let the opponent hike the ball and see for yourselves.
What happens when the bug occurs?: Football is supposed to be a game of chess, not checkers. So knowing what your opponent is doing and your opponent knowing what you're doing is game breaking to say the least.
What do you expect to see?: I expect the opponent's receiver's names to show under them while holding R2 EVERY PLAY whether it's a run or a pass.
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?: Didn't crash.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?: DasBlu1
Date/time issue occurred: 8/24/2016 10PM
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode?: Yes, in both user games and in CPU games.

Message 2 of 10 (1,943 Views)

★★★ Newbie

do you know if they are coming out with a patch to fix this in online head to head as well as connected franchise?

Message 3 of 10 (1,933 Views)

when will the first patch be released for madden17, and what will the patch fix?

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug: Run/pass recognition glitch, running plays no user name appears un the player, pass plays the names appear
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: online play and press rt
What happens when the bug occurs?: I can tell if the user is running or passing. for running plays no user name appears un the player, pass plays the names appear.
What do you expect to see?: i expect there to be a patch to fix it immediately.
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?: never crashed
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?: MistahVaughn
Date/time issue occurred: 8-24-2016
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode?: Yes
If yes, how many users are in your league?: 32
If yes, how many players are in your league?: 32
If yes, how many coaches are in your league?: 32
If yes, how many owners are in your league?: 0

Please help out with this issue. Thanks 

Message 4 of 10 (1,869 Views)

GAME BREAKING BUG

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug: You can tell whether an opponent is passing or rushing by the WRS names being highlighted or not THIS IS COMPLETELY GAME BREAKING!!! FIX ASAP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: PLAY THE GAME!! IT'S COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL THAT EA RELEASED THE GAME THIS WAY!
What happens when the bug occurs?: PEOPLE GAIN AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE THAT THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE AND WIN GAMES THEY SHOULD LOSE
What do you expect to see?: A COMPLETE FIX ANYTHING OTHER THAN A COMPLETE FIX WILL RESULT IN ME NOT PLAYING THE GAME AT ALL!
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?:
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?: Jordancobys
Date/time issue occurred: All the time
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode?: No

No screenshot needed.. just play the game online and see for yourself the difference between the WRS names when you pass and run.. seriously ridiculous
Message 5 of 10 (1,862 Views)

run/pass glitch

★★★ Newbie
Does anyone know when they might fix this run/pass glitch? It's sad they're more worried about updating the conmentation to talk about Kap but won't hurry up and fix this glitch. This is the biggest disappointment of madden
Message 6 of 10 (1,833 Views)

★ Guide

I actually like this glitch.  Since the AI QB throws the ball away in the pocket any time I'm close to sacking him and never gets called for intentional grounding, I sometimes use this to kinda level the playing field.

Message 7 of 10 (1,791 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'd like the glitch too, if the popup "Connection to peer has been lost", wouldn't appear i'd kick but online... lol

Message 8 of 10 (1,756 Views)

Community Manager

@doppelganger303@VikkiVik@csuperman7@heggy93@jordanx88

Can you guys let us know the status of this issue after we perform the next maintenance please?

barry.png
Message 9 of 10 (1,741 Views)

★ Guide

As I stated in another thread, this issue appears to be resolved.

Message 10 of 10 (1,851 Views)