Re: Freezing while saving Madden 17 franchise offline

by esafille

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

Yep I have reported this a few times, with screenshots, with the promise of a reply within 24 hours.

That was 2 weeks ago...still nothing. Madden 17 is VERY buggy, and EA has to know this.... *sigh*

Message 11 of 31 (4,524 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hey guys, give this a try and let me know if it works for you (xbox1). Go into your League Settings and turn off Pre-Existing Injuries, then try to save normally. A guy on another forum posted it as a bug-fix, yet the mods haven't listed it as the Solution. My game was freezing every time i tried to create a new save game, and then i turned off the pre existing injuries, and it finally saved. I will update if it starts failing again. Please let me know if it helps.

Message 12 of 31 (4,452 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

http://answers.ea.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/19608889

This is the guy that deserves credit for this fix.

Message 13 of 31 (4,440 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if I'm in a league with a commish who had preexisting injuries on but turned it off after league started 

Message 14 of 31 (4,424 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
Same here. Very frustrating. EA, what the heck?
Message 15 of 31 (4,405 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having this issue as well. So frustrating! So many games I've had to replay. This is the worst Madden game I've ever purchased. What's the use if it's going to keep frustrating me? Where's the patch?
Message 16 of 31 (4,249 Views)

★★ Novice

Exact same issue, except there is no work-around that's resolving it for me.

Game freezes when I try to Manually Load, Save, or Delete any Offline Franchise Mode files, 100% of the time.

Waiting a moment (5 seconds, 10 minutes, any amount of time) after highlighting the save-file name, but before pressing the button to save, does not work.

Changing time zone settings on Xbox One S does not resolve it.

Turning off pre-existing injuries (which I already had off) does not resolve it.  Toggling this option to on, or on then off, does not resolve it.

The game is unplayable.  Has ANYONE found a work-around, or can EA tell me how to resolve?

If not I'll be requesting a refund for defective product.

Message 17 of 31 (4,240 Views)

Community Manager

@bonnFire23

I think at this stage you are looking at uninstalling the game, deleting save data and reinstalling. That will not be fun and all your saves will be gone but you should be able to play once the game is reinstalled.

barry.png
Message 18 of 31 (4,235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Are you kidding me, that is your fix for this??? "Hey just delete everything....all your franchises then just reload the game. Well you'll lose all your stuff but who cares."

What happens when I do that, start another franchise and this happens again? This IS NOT an acceptable option. [Comment Removed - Admin.]

Message 19 of 31 (4,175 Views)

Community Manager

@jimmah1078

If your save data is corrupt to the point where all game modes are freezing then there is no other course of action.

barry.png
Message 20 of 31 (4,150 Views)