Re: Freezing while saving Madden 17 franchise offline

by bomberman500

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Freezing while saving Madden 17 franchise offline

★ Novice

Product: Madden 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug: Playing offline franchise. Any interaction with saved files, including manually saving an existing file, saving a new file or trying to delete old files causes the game to freeze.
How often does the bug occur?: Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Manually save a franchise file in offline mode.
What happens when the bug occurs?: Freezes the game.
What do you expect to see?: The game saving and returning back to the game interface.
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?: Doesn't matter...varies
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?: wolson13
Date/time issue occurred: Multiple
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode?: Yes
If yes, how many users are in your league?: 1
If yes, how many players are in your league?: 1
If yes, how many coaches are in your league?: 1
If yes, how many owners are in your league?: 1

Attached
Message 1 of 31 (29,334 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

ok.
So what ive done to fix my problem is I changed the timezone to something completely different. saved that, then changed it back to my correct timezone.
was able to do all that I just posted I couldnt do.

consider my problem solved

[Admin addition]

Other players have also found that turning off Pre-Existing Injuries in League Settings can help prevent this.

View in thread

Message 5 of 31 (37,720 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I just started having this same issue this week after weeks of it never happening, although I've also noticed I get auto-save files that don't have a date when it happens - that field is blank.  It's like the auto-save isn't saving correctly...which I wouldn't mind so much if I could just shut it off. 

Message 2 of 31 (29,091 Views)

Community Manager

@wlolson13

@carramrod71

I know this may seem really minor but can you guys confirm your console time and date are set correctly please?

barry.png
Message 3 of 31 (29,065 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have this exact problem.

ive tried taking the console offline which hasnt done anything. powering the console down completely and unplugging it.
date and time are correct, but I doubt that would be the problem considering i have the same issues when the xbox is not connected to a network.

Eventually every offline franchise I play, the save file becomes 'corrupt', in that I cant load it, cant save over it and cant delete it.

I now have about a dozen save files of previous franchise modes that i cant do anything with.

At the moment the autosave file for my current save still works so I have just saved a new file... just waiting for that to fail as well.
Message 4 of 31 (29,036 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

ok.
So what ive done to fix my problem is I changed the timezone to something completely different. saved that, then changed it back to my correct timezone.
was able to do all that I just posted I couldnt do.

consider my problem solved

[Admin addition]

Other players have also found that turning off Pre-Existing Injuries in League Settings can help prevent this.

Message 5 of 31 (37,721 Views)

Community Manager

@bomberman500

Excellent, thanks.

@wlolson13 @carramrod71

Can you guys try the above and let us know if it helps please?

barry.png
Message 6 of 31 (29,031 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you change your time zone for madden 17 on xbox one?

Message 7 of 31 (28,966 Views)

Community Manager
Message 8 of 31 (28,953 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem. This did not solve it. This problem is not solved in any way.

Message 9 of 31 (28,495 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same exact problem as well.  The most frustrating thing I have ever experienced in my over 20 years of playing EA Sports games.  This needs to be corrected with a patch.  It renders playing the game impossible since I cannot make my own saves!

Message 10 of 31 (28,477 Views)