Controller turns off, Madden freezes.

by GarrettHinners

Original Post

Re: During CFM Game, Controller Randomly Disconnects Then Becomes Unresponsive

★★★ Newbie
This happens to me ever since I bought this game. Doesn't matter the scenario. My controller can shut off from inactivity & the game will still freeze. Please patch this * bug. If it is a function please remove this & fire the person that came up with this * feature.
Message 11 of 21 (1,149 Views)

Re: Controller turns off, Madden freezes.

★★★ Newbie

I get this same thing when my remote disconnects However if it does let me play it wont let me save my franchise. I had to play the same game four different times. It is frustrating enough I would rather take the game back then have to deal with the bug.

Message 12 of 21 (1,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same issue. Batteries are fine but I cannot unpause the game. My controller got a low battery warning and that triggered it. I swapped batteries and still nothing. Tried a different set of batteries and got the same thing.
Message 13 of 21 (1,121 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It has nothing to do with the battery. If at any point during a game in Madden, if the controller is disconnected, it pauses, boxes out the controller because the game thinks a different controller has been connected, and you can't reconnect. Your only recourse at that point is to do a hard restart on the Xbox and lose all progress in-game. It's a programming glitch, not our batteries.
Message 14 of 21 (1,091 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just started getting this issue. I would really love to see it fixed because it makes the game useless
Message 15 of 21 (1,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Any update on how to fix this?
Message 16 of 21 (1,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Has nothing to do with batteries
Message 17 of 21 (1,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have had the same issue I found that plugging your controller into the Xbox using the USB cable will reconnect you to madden 17. Hope this helps
Message 18 of 21 (949 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had the same issue. I found out that whenever my controller disconnected, my xbox switched "player 1" to my guitar hero controller since I still had the USB drive plugged in. As soon as I unplugged the USB drive it worked. Hope this helps.
Message 19 of 21 (914 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Really!!!! Even if the batteries are placed the controllers are locked out and game is still playing!!
Message 20 of 21 (906 Views)