Re: Connection to peer has been lost

by StoneColdSWAGGA

Original Post

"The connection to your peer has been lost" H2H connection issues

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Product: Madden 17
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug: So I think it's just me. But, about 90% of the time in H2H it will start up fine then freeze for a bit and say "The connection to your peer has been lost". Sometimes I get wins and sometimes I get losses or it doesn't record. My connection works for other games and solos. It just loses connection in all H2H games. MUT, DC, etc. I know posting on here is like a lost hope but I was hoping I could get some answers.
How often does the bug occur?: Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Just play a H2H game. Like I said could jus be me :/
What happens when the bug occurs?: Game loads up fine sometimes I'll even kick off or run the first play. Then it will freeze may be 5 secs and then "the connection to your peer has been lost".
What do you expect to see?: I would like to see some troubleshooting on how I can fix this and get back to playing H2H games.
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?: Doesn't crash because I usually rage quit after.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?: NotoriusBOG
Date/time issue occurred: 8/30/16 7:40 but happens at anytime
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode?: No
‌It does that about 96% of the time
Message 41 of 85 (6,579 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did the same fixes @EA_Barry recommended with no luck.

get the same pre kick off disconnections with the error message.  Playbooks are NOT the issue.  This is 100% an EA server issue with connecting people to one another.  ALL other devices games and systems work 100%. 

Please fix this...the most recent tune up download yesterday (8/29/16) DID NOT FIX ANYTHING.  We are a week after launch and can't play online still.

Any updates Barry?

Message 42 of 85 (6,565 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issues and I have Cox internet too.  It is not the internet, I have had COX guys out twice already and made them give me a new router just in case.  When I get kicked I am always still connected to the internet and it even returns me to the Head to head hub which is connected to the EA servers....I dont get it

Message 43 of 85 (6,565 Views)

★★★ Novice

COX is my ISP and playbooks do not matter.  There are random connections that work (which has been like 1/5 for me) but most do not. 

COX ran diagnostics on my network, the channel, the strength, and found nothing.  Both wired and wireless connections fail in game.

Message 44 of 85 (6,563 Views)

★★★ Novice

I appreciate all of the help and effort so far...but in all actuality, we shouldn't be having to jump through these hoops just to play a game that we payed for. 

Message 45 of 85 (6,555 Views)

I put together a quick video that illustrates my typical experience...  i sped up the searching for opponent and loading screens and added some music so it doesn't feel like it's 2:00 long.  In the first game I'm attempting to load a custom playbook.  In the second, I attempt to load stock playbooks for offense and defense.  I did not include any successful attempts to play using Team Specific playbooks...

Examples of Disconnects on Madden NFL 17

Hope this helps,

Later

Message 46 of 85 (6,553 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here and the bad part is the price raise on the contracts.

I am doing the last solo the pre season and being booted..

Fix this EA...I  payed for the game to play , not to have a win and lose it because of server bugs.

Message 47 of 85 (6,552 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Cox isn't the issue. I play (or at least try to) in a league that has multiple users that have Cox as their ISPs and I'm the only one with this issue. The port forwarding worked for '16, but has no effect on '17. Playing games is extremely spotty (basically like throwing darts. Only bulls eyes gets me a full game and I'm terrible at darts lol)
Message 48 of 85 (6,545 Views)

Re: "The connection to your peer has been lost" H2H connection issues

★★★ Newbie

same problem just happened to me i won and lost some this is crazy. How can i fix my record? We can't even reset this is bull sh*t.

Message 49 of 85 (6,557 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Ryukyu_King@SmileyGotYou@badatti2ude@maddenuniversity@UNCLEPEYTON

We are currently investigating a couple of situations where connection loss and desyncing can occur. We will provide any new info on this as it becomes available.

*marked as solution for player visibility

barry.png
Message 50 of 85 (21,361 Views)