by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Change Email Address in Madden 17

★★ Novice

Still no fix... *'mon ea 

Message 31 of 63 (5,019 Views)

Re: Change Email Address in Maddeni 17

★★★ Newbie

This does not help, the account you are using I no longer use and is not accepting any emails to change my password. This is very stupid. I demand a refund for this game immediately unless this is looked into. 

Message 32 of 63 (5,011 Views)

Community Manager

@DarthDank22@Scootarino@hairyjon007

As per our previous posts here, if you cannot make the changes you need to yourself using the information we have provided then contact with an Advisor is recommended.

barry.png
Message 33 of 63 (5,003 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. How does this game have such an idiotic design and poor user experience? Guess what EA... I've got a hundred other titles to play. Refunding this game and never buying Madden again. I'm not contacting customer service because you created a boneheaded authentication process!

Message 34 of 63 (4,963 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please tell me if you have figured this out. This issue should not be complicated. A simple option to change your email on the game screen would solve everything. It amazes me how clueless these EA people are about this issue.

Message 35 of 63 (4,914 Views)
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

@RubberedDucky @ctungate2

Hi,

I might be misunderstanding the problem here - both of you are looking to change your email address?

All your account details can be edited via your account page:

https://myaccount.ea.com/

The only time at which you would have to reach out to an Advisor is if you are unable to login, or don't have access to your security details.

Could you let me know if this answers your question?

Message 36 of 63 (4,906 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue, the problem is I have two origin accounts one on an old email address from 15 years ago that I dont use and my current  one that I do use that has my games one it.

My xbox account is using my current email address but when I load Madden it's picking up my old origin account!?! I want to link my current account not the old one.

How can this be done?

Message 37 of 63 (4,896 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DexDerity

Hi,

For that type of request you will need to reach out to an EA Advisor:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Message 38 of 63 (4,877 Views)

★★★ Novice

My freshly bought  Madden NFL 17 has logged into some random dudes email adress. I can totally play and do all kinds of stuff in his name.

I want to change it to my EA account, it is completely * that this is not possible on your own.

So I've had 3 contacts with EA supprt and 1 with microsoft cause 2nd EA told me "xbox has to fix this", xbox of course told me it was on EAs end. The last EA dude told me he'd move it to his higher ups for "investigation".

Wonderfull, just wonderfull, how can you not make it possible to change accounts and track different stats on a Console game. A console is something shared between siblings in 90% of the households i know.

I'll just have to hope i get some more info on this in the next week but I dont have much hope.

Message 39 of 63 (4,851 Views)

★★★ Novice

After alot of chatting I've had a phonecall with one guy who seemed to want to help me. Just had to upload some screenshots and then it could be done in 5 minutes.

After uploading the screenshots of course I got another random person and she couldnt help me at all.

So I'm back to chatting where i got this as latest:

"I would like to inform you that once your Xbox is linked with any EA account, there is no way out here with any of us to make any changes with that. Your Xbox account will be linked with that account forever. So, there is nothing that our supervisor can help you with."

And now the last * closed my case. giving me a big "* YOU USER"

Message 40 of 63 (4,838 Views)