Re: Cannot play Madden NFL 17

by clk320racer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't play Madden 17 through EA Access after pre-ordering

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Allow me to clarify some things (I will provide specifics from my own situation).

First, I am an EA Access Subscriber and have had it for years. I did not just renew using a bundle or anything, my account is valid.

1. I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition of Madden 17 yesterday and pre-downloaded the game, before it was out on Access for everyone to play.
  2. After the download completed and I saw people on Twitter say that it was working for them, I pressed Play and was shown that I can't play because it is "Too Early".
  3. I went to the EA Access App, saw Madden with the Coming Soon banner, pressed Game Details and ONLY saw a "Play" button (NOT a Trial Button). This continued all night last night.
  4. So, I erased Madden 17 completely.
  5. I went back to EA Access, pressed Game Details and I do NOT see a Trial Button. Only an Install button for my pre-order.
  6. It re-downloaded, same thing.
  7. I removed EA Access (the app), re-downloaded it.
  8. Same thing.

Now I am just stuck, like a lot of you.This problem is not limited to someone "just pressing Game Details". The Trial Option literally does not exist for some of the people that pre-ordered. I am not sure if this is because I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition or not, but it is frustrating. I really want to play and have heard great things about this year's game. Hopefully this clears things up so we can get a resolution soon.

Message 4 of 161 (5,336 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't play madden 17 trail

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for the reports everyone.

The Madden team is currently looking into issues with EA Access and Madden 17.

I have merged all separate posts into this one post and will continue to do so, to let us keep everything together.

When we get any kind of update we'll be sure to let you know.

- Andy -

*accepting as solution for visibility*

View in thread

Message 27 of 161 (3,323 Views)

All Replies

Can't play madden 17 trail

★★★ Newbie
I bought madden 17 already and now everyone can play the 10 hour now but it not letting me and I do own ea access
Message 1 of 161 (5,375 Views)

Madden 17 pre ordered, but trial not working

★★ Novice
I have had Madden 17 pre ordered and downloaded for 2 months and ea access over a year. However it will not let me start my free trial of Madden 17. Is there any news or answers?
Message 2 of 161 (5,132 Views)

Re: Cannot play Madden NFL 17

★★★★★ Newbie

I pre-ordered the game via the store on Xbox One and it says play when I followed your instructions but then it says "You're too early we know you really want to get started, but you'll have to wait a bit longer. Check the store for the launch date." This needs to be fixed, my EA Access is up to date and says "Active" on my profile.

Message 3 of 161 (5,339 Views)

Re: Can't play Madden 17 through EA Access after pre-ordering

Thanks for the details @TheBudan - I'm going to pass this onto the Madden team.

I've moved your post to it's own topic so we can start managing the different issues.

Cheers,

- Andy -

Message 5 of 161 (5,276 Views)

★★★ Novice
Andy I am having this same issue... is there any solution?
Message 6 of 161 (5,260 Views)

@Trav0808 - I've passed the reports onto the Madden team. Once I get any updates / solutions I'll update this thread.

Thanks,

- Andy -

Message 7 of 161 (5,253 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same problem. Long time EA Access member, pre-ordered the game a week ago and downloaded it. Now no trial option anywhere.
Message 8 of 161 (5,214 Views)

Re: Can't play madden 17 trail

Hi @dreskezzy

This is an issue where you pre-ordered then tried to play through EA Access and it won't let you?

If so we've reported it to the Madden team and I've added your post to the main thread.

Thanks,

- Andy -

Message 9 of 161 (5,197 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing I did ....same thing happening to me too

Message 10 of 161 (3,586 Views)