How do we suppose to play madden 18 when DESYNC keeps poping up doing the game.

by Gamewelll

Original Post

desync madden 17 xbox one

★ Novice

Trying to play Madden 17 online unranked with a friend, but when he sends me a game invite, I never get his invite at all.  When I send him an invite, he receives it and the game seems to begin as normal, however as soon as the announcer begins his commentary, I get a DESYNC error right away.  I have not been able to even get into any games of online head to head with my friends. 

Quick match works just fine online, but not when trying to play a friend.  I have had this DESYNC error for at least a year when trying to play Madden 16 and 17.  My network seems to be configured correctly and there are no network problems using multiplayer according to the XBox system.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction as to the problem of not being able to receive a game invite and especially with this DESYNC error?   Please Help!!!    Thanks, much.

Message 1 of 7 (4,102 Views)

Re: desync madden 17 xbox one

Community Manager

@jt1520

Are you both on a regular home internet connection?

Is one of you on a restricted network such as corporate/University/military?

What country are each of you in?

Who is each of your ISPs?

What is each of your router make and models?

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (4,006 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for replying to my DESYNC problem with Madden 17.  Below are the questions and answers you asked of me.  Thanks,  James

Are you both on a regular home internet connection?  -  Yes, we are both on a home networks

Is one of you on a restricted network such as corporate/University/military? - No restricted networks - Time Warner Cable in Cincinnati Ohio - This is a residential setup on both ends.

What country are each of you in? -  United States

Who is each of your ISPs? -  Time Warner Cable (Roadrunner Internet) 37mbs Download speed / 7Mbs upload speed.

What is each of your router make and models?  -  ARRIS TG862  (Modem/Router from cable company - Time Warner Cable in Cincinnati OH)

Message 3 of 7 (4,000 Views)

Desync is killing my online gaming 😠😠😠

★★★ Newbie
HELP THIS DESYNC EVERY TIME ON ONLINE GAMING
Message 4 of 7 (4,001 Views)

Community Manager

@jt1520

Both you and your friend should perform the following troubleshooting steps:

barry.png
Message 5 of 7 (3,991 Views)

★ Novice

I followed your instructions on opening ports.  Rebooted the modem and tried to invite to game.  Sending an invite to play still resulted in an immediate Desync error at the beginning of the game.  However, I was able to receive an invite from my friend and play the game normally. 

I suppose I'll have to settle for receiving invites and not being able to send an invite to play until someone figures out some other solution.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 7 (3,968 Views)

How do we suppose to play madden 18 when DESYNC keeps poping up doing the game.

★★★ Newbie
What are we supposed to do when DESYNC keeps popping up doing the game
Message 7 of 7 (1,910 Views)