Stuck on "Searching for Opponent" in MUT H2H

by mpelletier90

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stuck on "Searching for Opponent" in MUT H2H

★★★ Newbie

Every single time I try to play H2H, it goes to the searching for opponent screen and eventually kicks me back to the online seasons menu. I have tried everything: un-installed, re-installed, cycled power multiple times (my internet is not an issue at all). I'm really hoping someone can help me out, I haven't been able to play a single game online, (which is why I bought the game) and I'm heavily leaning towards getting a refund if I can't get this resolved. I'm on XB1 if it makes a difference, have the physical copy as well.

Message 1 of 31 (50,232 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stuck on "Searching for Opponent" in MUT H2H

★★★ Novice
well guys, I know you're sick of having this problem, I've dealt with it for several weeks. but this is what I did yesterday, and since I did, its been working without any issues. no guarantee it will work for YOU, but I feel your pain and want to help. so try this; take your game out of the console, and completely shut it down, hold power button for 7 sec or so. unplug EVERYTHING, power cord, ethernet cable, router, modem, whatever u have, unplug it. I waited bout 10 min then plugged everything back in, wait til your signed back in to Xbox live and reinsert your game. from there I went straight to MUT and had no issue. takes me like 35 sec in searching for opponent. really hope it helps

View in thread

Message 9 of 31 (53,845 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have this same issue!  anything resolve it?

Message 2 of 31 (50,081 Views)

★★★ Novice
I've wasted more time on the phone with EA trying to figure this out than I would like to admit, but no, they have no clue what the problem is, and quite frankly, I don't think they care. it's the same problem every year, they have no reason to make a better game. people will continue to buy their *, but not I. I'm done with EA and I'm done with madden
Message 3 of 31 (50,077 Views)

★★ Novice

Perfectly described, I'm having the exact same problem since 2 days now. I'm so pissed right now. Got some new players and am ready to make the playoffs but for some reason the problem showed up 2 days ago!

Message 4 of 31 (50,060 Views)

★★ Novice

No one from EA is going to help us here or what?

Message 5 of 31 (50,050 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Anyone hear anything??? This is *. I've had the game for a month now and still cant play online MUT season.

Message 6 of 31 (50,025 Views)

★ Novice
Same here STILL! This is absolutely ridiculous EA. At least help us out..... daaang.
Message 7 of 31 (49,954 Views)

★★★ Novice
the latest information I received from EA, is that the problem isn't coming from their end, its from mine. But they couldnt actually tell me what to do about it. which I have a hard time believing because I've read about so many other people having the same issue. like I said, they don't care, why should they? people are still going to buy their *ty game. I hate EA
Message 8 of 31 (49,949 Views)

★★★ Novice
well guys, I know you're sick of having this problem, I've dealt with it for several weeks. but this is what I did yesterday, and since I did, its been working without any issues. no guarantee it will work for YOU, but I feel your pain and want to help. so try this; take your game out of the console, and completely shut it down, hold power button for 7 sec or so. unplug EVERYTHING, power cord, ethernet cable, router, modem, whatever u have, unplug it. I waited bout 10 min then plugged everything back in, wait til your signed back in to Xbox live and reinsert your game. from there I went straight to MUT and had no issue. takes me like 35 sec in searching for opponent. really hope it helps
Message 9 of 31 (53,846 Views)

★★★ Novice
and even if you think your internet is perfectly fine, it may still resolve it. because my internet connection was good, other games I had no problem. But for whatever reason, this strategy worked for me and hopefully will work for you.
Message 10 of 31 (49,937 Views)