SOLVED: An Xbox Live Membership limitation does not allow you to access...

by ikegenerals_4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SOLVED: An Xbox Live Membership limitation does not allow you to access...

★★★ Newbie

SOLVED!!!

Son was getting error on Draft Champions "An Xbox Live Membership limitation does not allow you to access this feature." After buying a LIVE GOLD Membership and adding it to the account because we though that was what he needed (based on the message EA has on it) and editing the security settings, we figured out the problem.

He had a saved game. And every time we would try to go into the saved game it would come up and ask us if we wanted to play, delete, or cancel. But then it would freeze up Madden 16 completely. We rebooted, went into the far right to "Play Now..." instead of continuing, and it asked us there the same thing...but this time it let us click "Delete". Once we did that, we were able to go into Draft Champions without a problem.

Now if only EA would reimburse me the $60 for the Xbox LIVE Membership my son doesn't need. That really ticks me off. Very misleading.

Message 1 of 17 (45,531 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SOLVED: An Xbox Live Membership limitation does not allow you to access...

Community Manager

@ikegenerals_4

I'm quoting your post so it can be marked as a solution. We hope to be able to mark initial posts as a solution soon.

"...on Draft Champions "An Xbox Live Membership limitation does not allow you to access this feature." After buying a LIVE GOLD Membership and adding it to the account because we though that was what he needed (based on the message EA has on it) and editing the security settings, we figured out the problem.

He had a saved game. And every time we would try to go into the saved game it would come up and ask us if we wanted to play, delete, or cancel. But then it would freeze up Madden 16 completely. We rebooted, went into the far right to "Play Now..." instead of continuing, and it asked us there the same thing...but this time it let us click "Delete". Once we did that, we were able to go into Draft Champions without a problem."

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (60,326 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@ikegenerals_4

I'm quoting your post so it can be marked as a solution. We hope to be able to mark initial posts as a solution soon.

"...on Draft Champions "An Xbox Live Membership limitation does not allow you to access this feature." After buying a LIVE GOLD Membership and adding it to the account because we though that was what he needed (based on the message EA has on it) and editing the security settings, we figured out the problem.

He had a saved game. And every time we would try to go into the saved game it would come up and ask us if we wanted to play, delete, or cancel. But then it would freeze up Madden 16 completely. We rebooted, went into the far right to "Play Now..." instead of continuing, and it asked us there the same thing...but this time it let us click "Delete". Once we did that, we were able to go into Draft Champions without a problem."

barry.png
Message 2 of 17 (60,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This may have been a solution for this user but it is not "the solution."

Can you people at EA please publish what exactly needs to be set in parental controls to make this work?  Instead of linking to a worthless Microsoft settings link, actually post what needs to be set where so people can make this work.

Message 3 of 17 (44,607 Views)

Community Manager

@Player_4t24vpl5

There are two possibilities, either the parental controls are not set to adult or there is not an active Xbox Live Gold subscription present on the account.

barry.png
Message 4 of 17 (44,592 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Real cost of this software is therefore the cost of:

EA membership

Xbox gold

The software

Putting up with bugs

The trial edition is misleading, it makes things appear to work that require money in the real version.   [Comment Removed - Admin.]

Thanks!  

Message 5 of 17 (44,539 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Where was the saved game. Was it in madden or elsewhere
Message 6 of 17 (43,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am getting my son Madden 17 and FIFA 17 and an Xbox live account for $60 - so is it cheaper to buy the games in store or through the Xbox live account once set up?
Message 7 of 17 (42,488 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have been playing on franchise mode on madden 16 for the past month and don't have Xbox live gold and now today it's telling me An Xbox Live Membership limitation does not allow you to access this feature. I bought the game and now I can't play it. This is * *. How do I get back to playing my game? I have also read from other people that you don't need Xbox live gold to play the game.
Message 8 of 17 (34,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I don't have a saved game and I still have this problem please help.
Message 9 of 17 (28,664 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does Madden really require an Xbox Live Gold Membership to play the Franchise and Draft Champions modes?

Message 10 of 17 (28,616 Views)