Re: Overtime Glitch (Multiple Quarters)

by beardeddemigod

Original Post

Overtime Glitch (Multiple Quarters)

★★★ Newbie

I hope I'm posting this in the correct area, I'm new to the answers HQ.

A glitch during overtime has now happened twice in my experience with madden 16. Both went down the same way, once in connected careers and once in MUT. Once the game went into OT, I won the toss and elected to receive. Then after driving downfield and kicking a FG, the opposing team was given their chance to score but failed to do so before time expired. Instead of the game ending though, a new quarter started. In the connected careers game, it only took a few plays for the opposing team to get a TD. Meanwhile, in the MUT game, I managed to stop the opposing team from scoring and time expired, but yet again another quarter started and then they proceeded to get a TD to win the game. If a team kicks a FG, and then the opposing team can not score before time expires, then the game is SUPPOSED to end. A friend of mine has also experienced this, so I wanted to bring awareness (if there isn't already) to this glitches existence. 

Message 1 of 3 (1,961 Views)

Madden 16 Overtime glitch PS4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I'm playing an offline connected franchise. My team is the Titans, and we advanced to the divisional round of the playoffs and travelled to the Steelers. The fourth quarter ended with the game tied 28-28. Naturally, we went into overtime. My team won the coin toss and we received. We were forced to go four and out. The Steelers took possession of the ball after my punt. They too, were forced to go four and out and I got the ball back. This time we got a drive going and made it down to the 21 yard line where, on 4th down with 2:30 left in OT, I kicked and made a field goal. According to official NFL "Modified Sudden Death" rules the game should end 31-28 in my favor because both teams were given a chance to possess the ball, and neither scored on their first possession. Instead, the game continued and I kicked off to the Steelers who, with two big passes, scored a touchdown with 2:11 left in OT at which point the game immediately ended with the Steelers winning 35 - 31. Has this happened to anyone else?
Message 2 of 3 (1,916 Views)

Re: Overtime Glitch (Multiple Quarters)

★★ Novice
Why is this still a problem ea
Message 3 of 3 (1,838 Views)