Madden 16 keeps playing intro

by kingj236

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Madden 16 keeps playing intro

★★★ Novice
Every time I put in Madden 16, it is like the first time I put in the disk. It makes me play the super bowl 50, and then pick my favorite team and setting etc. But my MUT, saves, but it is as if Madden thinks I am playing for the first time everytime, very frustrating
Message 1 of 57 (38,113 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Madden 16 keeps playing intro

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ok just found the fix for this problem.  This was from another post I found on muthead.  <---click this link if you've never been here very useful information.  Ok back to the matter at hand.  I can't take credit for this so here's how to fix it.

To resolve this issue, you will need to clear out the local data for madden 16 associated with your Gamer tag. To do so, please see the steps below:

You can manage your data for individual games through My games & apps on your Home screen.

- From the Home screen, select My games & apps.
- Highlight Madden 16 2015, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
- Scroll to the right, highlight the saved data for your gamer tag under Saved Data, and then press A on your controller.
- You will be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data.
- Delete from console will remove the local copy of this save. You can retrieve it from the cloud the next time you play.  <---- see side note below
- Turn off the console and unplug it from the Outlet and plug it back in.
- Leave the console for 30 seconds to clear out the cache and then turn the console back on.

After completing the above steps, please load up Madden 16. This will prompt an automatic resync of your data with the Xbox Live servers. There is a chance that this will provide a message "Failed to synchronize data". If this occurs, simply select the "Retry" option. This should prompt it to complete properly. At that point you should be able to play as normal.

Side Note

One thing for me though.  The part I have in bold and underlined, you are given 2 options here, you are given the choice to delete profile data from the console, and the other choice is to delete profile data from everywhere.  I tried to delete from the console first but it didn't work for me,  I had to delete data from everywhere for it to work.  When you delete from everywhere which means from your console and the cloud you will loose any game saves you have locally.  So if you are playing CFM and have it stored locally it will be gone.  MUT on the other hand is stored on the EA cloud so it's all there.  Now if you read my post from above you will see on the screen shots there my profile had no date so that means the file is corrupted.  Now since doing this trick my profile now has a date listed by it and when I log in, I log in to the menu now and no more Superbowl!

View in thread

Message 34 of 57 (10,044 Views)

All Replies

Game resets on startup every time

★★★ Newbie

I just bought Madden 16 two days ago for Xbox One and every time I start up the game it makes go through the steps I had to go through on my initial launch, such as the user agreement, updating tuning, updating rosters, and then the Super Bowl 50 intro. Any fixes or solutions to this problem? It's really frustrating having to go through the same steps every single time and wasting about 30 minutes every time I start up the game. 

Message 2 of 57 (37,937 Views)

Madden 16 Xbox one

★★★ Newbie
Acts like it my first time playing the game everytime and make me go through walk through everytime I put in disc makes me agree to license agreement and download play call tuning and do the super bowl 50 every time really annoying please help
Message 3 of 57 (37,935 Views)

MADDEN 16 (XBOX ONE) Forced to Play Super Bowl and agree to license every time

★★★ Novice

Forced to agree to license agreement and play Pitt VS Arz superbowl every time I play Madden 16 (XBOX 1)...This just started happening around 2 weeks ago. I can still get to my ultimate team after doing both but I'm wasting time. I have opened multiple tickets through Origin and tried Un-installing then re-installing, Clearing Cache, Deleting profile..etc nothing worked so I was told to report a bug.

Message 4 of 57 (37,961 Views)

Re: Game resets on startup every time

★★★ Newbie

I have also had this same problem.It just occurred today as I was playing my connected franchise, then the game froze. So I restart the game and it automatically made me go through the intro and selecting my team and what not. On top of that I can not load my connected franchise, or my previous rosters or anything else. This is extremely frustrating and honestly unacceptable from EA. People Spend $60 + on this game and I always have issues with it freezing and now this where I pretty much lose everything I have saved so far. Please fix this EA!

Message 5 of 57 (37,914 Views)

Opening sequence issue. Madden 16

★★★ Newbie
Ian forced to play through the opening super bowl sequence every time I try to play madden 16 on the xbox1. My progress is also erased for the skills trainer.
Message 6 of 57 (37,907 Views)

Re: Madden 16 keeps playing intro

★★ Novice

Agreed, this is incredibly annoying. It started last week randomly and now it wants me to replay the intro game every single time i go into the game, i stopped buying madden games a while back for some reason... and i think it was possibly because of this nonsense... and don't even get me started on the large quick sells

Message 7 of 57 (37,880 Views)

Start up issue

★★★ Novice
Every time I attempt to start up madden 16, I am forced to redo the entire tutorial and download tuning data. I don't know why it's doing this but it's very annoying.
Message 8 of 57 (37,004 Views)

Madden "tuning update" and intro replay

★★★ Novice
Every time I quit madden 16 or completely shut off my Xbox and turn it on again, I have to do the same thing over and over: user agreement, tuning update, and then the intro super bowl 50 game. This is really getting old and it just started out of random. Please help, thanks.
Message 9 of 57 (36,950 Views)

Went to play today and all my data is lost.

★★★ Newbie

Attempted to play Madden Football and it asked me to log in. I did and it put me back to the tutorial and level one.

Message 10 of 57 (36,994 Views)