Re: EA security codes by text message

by Minimed78

Original Post

EA security codes by text message

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I received multiple text messages from this (+[Removed - Admin.]) phone number. The texts say "Your EA security code is: ....." With of course a different number each time, is this a valid EA phonenumber or not? I normally receive my codes by mail and I didn't request those codes I got by text, please help.

Message 1 of 8 (17,140 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have had this too and sometimes it is in a language like Russian?

Message 2 of 8 (16,683 Views)

Community Manager

@Minimed78@clone1x

Never trust unsolicited communication especially when it purports to relate to your account security.

Do not click any links and you should never input your account details after clicking on a link in an unsolicited text/email etc.

Please see the following article for information on how to maintain your account security.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-maintain-account-security/

barry.png
Message 3 of 8 (16,673 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So what happens when it's a real text from EA and you didn't request it but it's on a Sunday so NO ONE IS AT THE CALL CENTER..... does the hacker just win?
Message 4 of 8 (13,535 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine are also Russian 

Message 5 of 8 (9,448 Views)

★★ Novice

These are second verification text from EA but in Russian. 

Message 6 of 8 (9,447 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@thouser27 I’ve had those too for the past few weeks. The language is Russian and it’s an EA verification code.
Message 7 of 8 (5,321 Views)

Community Manager

This post is originally from 2015 so I'll be locking it down to avoid any more necroposting.

Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example. 

AHQ Rules & Guidelines

If you unable to login to your account please select this link below for assistance in updating your account details or account recovery

Locked out of my EA account

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 8 (5,255 Views)