Can not initiate an online game

by voxclama

Original Post

Can not initiate an online game

★★★★★ Novice

Using XBOX one

Madden 16

I can not initiate an online game, I can joint a game that someone had initiated but can never create a game. 

I am always left searching for over 20 min without success. 

I called XBOX Live and was told its an issue with EA Server, they ave nothing to do with it. 

Steps

- Go to Online Head to Head

- Go to Custom Quick Match 

- Click A to search 

sits there and nothing happen, I tried waiting at peak hours for over 30 min and never was able to find someone, the average wait time is 15 sec but I stay there for over 20 min and nothing happen 

On the other hand I can always join games that someone else had created. 

Message 1 of 13 (431 Views)

Re: Can not initiate an online game

Community Manager

@voxclama

If you experience connectivity issues with any of our online games, and you have exhausted all basic connection troubleshooting such as clearing the cache, adjusting privacy settings, or disabling firewalls, you may need to add a port to your network connection.

Follow the instructions to open TCP or UDP ports for connection issues article and use the corresponding platform ports below:

Pick your platform and use the designated ports

PLATFORM UDP TCP
Xbox One/Xbox 360* 53, 88, 3074 53, 80, 3074 
PlayStation 4/ PlayStation 3** 3478, 3479, 3658, 10070  80, 443, 465, 983, 5223, 10070-10080

barry.png
Message 2 of 13 (405 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If I can join a game that someone has created then I would assume that the same port is used to create games.

Is there a message that would be displayed by the game if it can not connect to the network because of ports being blocked ?  

Message 3 of 13 (398 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is the same with me it needs to be fixed
Message 4 of 13 (393 Views)

Community Manager

@voxclama

If a required port is not open then you will see the game behave as you have done rather than an explicit message telling you ports are not open.

Did you open/forward the above ports?

barry.png
Message 5 of 13 (384 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If that is the expected behavior then I am sorry to say, it is a bad SW design to have a failure not detected and no feedback is given to the user nor to customer support.
There should be diagnostics tool within the game that test for multiplayer connectivity. If one of the ports is unavailable, the test fails and provide some feedback to users. Those are the 101 and basics for SW design.
If those ports ought to be open then they have to be part of a test routine.

I will check on all of my network to make sure those ports are open, that involves checking a Router and WLAN box. I wonder if the average player out there can do this task on his own !!! peculiar !

Message 6 of 13 (370 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

- Opened the Router enabled uPNP on both the LAN and WAN ports 

==RESULT==> Madden 16 still behaving the same, no game can be initiated 

- I disabled the Firewall on the Router 

- Went to the extent of bringing down the entire network I have at home and connecting my XBox straight to the cable modem  with nothing else connecte.. NOTHING just (cable Modem) <===> XBOX 

I even  verified the cable modem to see if by any chance there is a firewall in it .............. just in case and there was nothing other than the classic modem parameters of signal levels and credentials 

So that excludes on my end everything that could possibly be causing the issue !!! 

EA support team, please provide me some data on the connectivity of this account 

- when was the connections initiated 

- what port was available and which one was not 

the team at XBOX told me that you guys have a server and full access to that data 

Message 7 of 13 (350 Views)

Community Manager

@voxclama

At this stage we need you to contact an Advisor as we are not in a position to provide that private information here on AHQ.

Click the following link to make contact with an EA Game Advisor for assistance on this: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?category=demo-beta

For help on how to contact an Advisor please use this link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Help-Beta/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

barry.png
Message 8 of 13 (340 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How can I get in touch with an advisor ? 

In the link you provided, it states there is a Call me Or Chat option but those are not linked anywhere !!!! 

Message 9 of 13 (310 Views)

Community Manager

@voxclama

The choices you make during the contact process will determine your contact method. If you are not given the option to chat or call then make different choices to get those options.

barry.png
Message 10 of 13 (303 Views)