Lost n random game error?

by PoohTaco

Original Post

Lost n random game error?

★★ Novice

I recently was gifted lost n random digitaly for my xbox. I had installed it and went to play it and it wont go past the second screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it about 4 times trying different methods and nothing works. I tried Microsoft support and tried to fix it on their end and got no where.. It saids the game is about 8.1gb but when it installs its only 5 gb, is this where the problem is? 

Message 1 of 15 (7,802 Views)

Re: Lost n random game error?

Community Manager

Hi @PoohTaco To check you've had this issue since the first install? If so can you try the following? 

• Persistent Storage 
    • Go to settings > Select Device & Connections > Then Blue-Ray 
    • Select Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage 
  • Alternate Mac: 
    • Go to settings > Select General  > Then Network settings 
    • Go to advanced settings > Alternate Mac address > Select clear 
    • Select restart 
  • Delete local save  
    • Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide, and then select My games & apps. 
    • Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game & add-ons. 
    • In the menu on the left side of the screen, scroll down to Saved Data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button on your controller. 
    • You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data: 
      • Delete from console removes the local copy of this save. You can get it from the cloud the next time you play. 
      • Delete everywhere removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on. 
      • Cancel leaves your data intact. 
  •  

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 15 (7,648 Views)

★★ Novice

I have already deleted the local save. Xbox support had me do it, and it was still doing the same thing. I been trying everything this past week and got no where. I have had contacted the game developer and haven't heard anything this past week. 

Message 3 of 15 (7,644 Views)

Community Manager
@PoohTaco Is it installed on the internal drive or an external one?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 15 (7,619 Views)

Community Manager
@PoohTaco Wanted to confirm if you are still running into issues?

Illium.png

Message 5 of 15 (7,608 Views)

★★ Novice

It is installed on the internal device. I had it installed on external storage, then switched it back to internal 

Message 6 of 15 (7,602 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Illium Yes still having issues
Message 7 of 15 (7,601 Views)

Community Manager
@PoohTaco Thanks for the update, to check do you have a second profile on the console to see if this happens there?

Illium.png

Message 8 of 15 (7,575 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Illium I dont have a second profile. Plus if the game was gifted to me under my account, wouldn’t it just work will my name?
Message 9 of 15 (7,553 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @PoohTaco In theory it should unless this is connected to an account issue which is why it may not be fully entering the game. With just your profile would it be possible to try to Remove then Readd the Gamer Tag to the console?

Illium.png

Message 10 of 15 (7,536 Views)