Gamepass - can't get past license agreement

by alloway

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gamepass - can't get past license agreement

★★ Novice

I downloaded the GamePass version of this game and when I start it, it won't let me get past the license agreement.  I scroll down to the bottom and click continue and it says I must agree to the terms.  I don't see any checkbox or anything else where I can agree, just the confirm button which I am clicking.  I've tried flipping back and forth between the two types of agreements and scrolling to the bottom of each, and it still won't let me play.  I agree already!  Help!

Message 1 of 7 (5,905 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gamepass - can't get past license agreement

★★ Novice

Xbox.  I figured out my issue; I was thinking the continue button was selected, when in fact the cancel button was selected.  Although the screen said to press a button to continue, it was actually pressing cancel.  Confusing UI due to the coloring and wording--it was unclear which item was actually selected--but I was able to use the d-pad to move to continue and move on.  Really nice game so far, although the license agreement was the most challenging one I've encountered Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (5,784 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@alloway Are you playing on PC, or Xbox?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (5,792 Views)

★★ Novice

Xbox.  I figured out my issue; I was thinking the continue button was selected, when in fact the cancel button was selected.  Although the screen said to press a button to continue, it was actually pressing cancel.  Confusing UI due to the coloring and wording--it was unclear which item was actually selected--but I was able to use the d-pad to move to continue and move on.  Really nice game so far, although the license agreement was the most challenging one I've encountered Standard smile

Message 3 of 7 (5,785 Views)

Community Manager
@alloway Good to hear you were able to get past the message!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 7 (5,777 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@alloway Omg thank you😁
Message 5 of 7 (4,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@alloway Omg Thanks a lot! Yeah that UI is confusing!
Message 6 of 7 (2,512 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's 2024 and I was having the same problem lol. I thought I was clicking continue but it was actually cancel that I was clicking. Thank you for the help!

Message 7 of 7 (562 Views)