Bug Report: Progression Locked/Stuck in Royam's 2nd Moon game board

by Voropasha

Original Post

Bug Report: Progression Locked/Stuck in Royam's 2nd Moon game board

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Lost In Random: Upside Town Bug

Good day I am experiencing severe bug that is blocking me for playing the game!

I beat the second moon in upside town and proceed next to the discussion with original Mayor (where he is telling me to be careful as Royam is now separated).

However I wanted to go back to complete the side quests that are remained via the ladder but I am getting to the scripted board game where there is nobody and I am locked in the area.

DDDDD: 

What can I do? After going back to the main menu and loading back I am appearing right before the board game and I couldn't go back (there is a box on which you couldn't climb) or skip it. I guess the game is fully bugged from now. HELP!

I attached screenshot. Area is locked it was before the battle however it is not possible to interact with "!" sign and everything is closed - I couldn't proceed. 

Kind regards,

Ekaterina

edited title for clarification: @BlackjackWidow 

Message 1 of 14 (10,368 Views)

Re: Lost In Random: Upside Town Bug! Game is broken :(

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Voropasha - I'm just trying to complete this part of the game myself. I haven't beaten the board game to get to the second moon yet, but your post makes me worried because I also have one side quest to return to afterwards.

In your screenshot, the circle still has the yellow marker that appears to be active. Are you saying that if you stand on it you can't throw Dicey? Maybe the only way to get back through there is to play the board game again? But if it won't let you throw Dicey to begin, then I can see how you're stuck. If it's absolutely locked and you can't get out of the arena at all, then I agree - a pretty severe bug. 

If you're using cloud saves, I think there's an option to revert to an offline save in your menu choices. (I can't give great directions because I don't use cloud saves) Maybe you have a copy of an earlier save and can restore that. If that's not an option, then I would try a game repair.

• Exit the game
  • In Origin, right-click Lost in Random and choose "Repair"
  • Let the repair complete (must be online)

It's sort of a last-ditch effort, although I've had it solve some similar problems in other games before. If a game repair doesn't work, and you can't find a way to move out of this locked area, I think the only thing you can do is start over. I know that's not what anyone wants to hear, but I can't find a way to revert a save (other than the cloud save-hard drive option). 

Message 2 of 14 (10,225 Views)

★★ Novice

Good day @BlackjackWidow !

Thank you for your response.

NO, nothing is active and you cannot throw Dicey - as per screenshot you can see the playing figure already in another area and the first area I am in is locked.

When I was playing first time - the barriers were destroyed by the playing figure so I could proceed to the next area (there are 3 poles here).

I am not sure about saving files as it is automatic here and you cannot save manually. I will check anyway.

So I am not sure if it fixes the issue.

For you I can advise not to go back but all the time forward as you will be going back anyway to the Third city gate.

As for me - if the bug will not be solved - I am dropping the game as I spent 4 hours already and I dont have so much time to start again D:

Message 3 of 14 (10,219 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Voropasha wrote:

Good day @BlackjackWidow !

For you I can advise not to go back but all the time forward as you will be going back anyway to the Third city gate.

Oh, thank you so much for that! That makes perfect sense now that you say it, but is something I probably would have screwed up if you hadn't mentioned it.

I really hope you can get the game to unlock you or put you back in a spot where you can proceed. Try the game repair before you totally give up. Good luck, and Random Rules!

Message 4 of 14 (10,212 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@BlackjackWidow  Nothing helped. Guess this is it... 

It so funny when every time you are entering the area after the save and you are seeing the same cinematic about the Moon but there is no Moon left as you already beat it XD

Message 5 of 14 (10,195 Views)

Hero (Retired)

That is funny Standard smile Clearly, they did not expect the many ways adventurous gamers like us enjoy exploring a map. 

So, to be sure I understand, you completed the board game battle, destroyed the moon, talked to the mayor and then went back down the ladder to the board game battle area? Is that the ladder by Overseer Murk (by where you can unlock the 2nd story page)? If you can remember which ladder, or screenshot and mark it on the map, it would be helpful to know exactly how you got there. There are so many ladders in this area lol 

Message 6 of 14 (10,167 Views)

★★ Novice

@BlackjackWidow Hello!

After you beat the Royam in the poem minigame - you are being sent to the Moon.

So the wolf guy on the construction site will no longer block the way and this will be that ladder (actually you cannot go back with the help of it as it is located on the box which has only one way - down but not up :D)

When you are down there will be Card seller and area with the board game where I stuck x)

Hope this info will help

Message 7 of 14 (10,159 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Thanks for clarifying 

(the wolf guy is Overseer Murk, in case you want to know who to blame lol)

Note: I'm going to edit the title of your first post a little, so anyone else who has this issue can easily find it and click the Me Too button. Thanks!

Message 8 of 14 (10,157 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This also happened to me on Switch and it auto saved. I have this video of the state it was in after the cutscene missing the moon.

I got turned around after returning to the game this morning and wandered back into the game-board area.

Message 9 of 14 (10,089 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lahutchi - Thanks for the report, if you haven't already done so please click the Me Too button on the first post.

That looks so frustrating! The game should have locked the game board area as soon as you finished the battle, so you can't re-enter it. 

I do wish they offered a way to do a "save as", or save the previous version when auto-saving, just so you could revert to the previous save point. At least on PC, I can't find a way to restart a level or revert to previous save point (without manually copying the files before playing). 

Message 10 of 14 (10,065 Views)