Bug Report: Little Joe Progression-Locked Side Quests

by Realrumblejack

Original Post

Re: Bug with little joe?

★★ Novice

Hi

Thanks a lot. I did everything else already. The only thing open is to proceed to "world 3".

Message 11 of 18 (3,299 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Well, darn it. You'll definitely lose the ability to finish these quests if you proceed to Threedom. 

The only other thing I can think of is if you have a local save copy and can overwrite the cloud save. And I'm not a console player, so I don't know how that works. @TTZ_Dipsy would probably have some insight into this.

If you can somehow revert to an earlier save and deliver the grubblegecker before you move on to Royam's battle, it should unlock. I'll work on escalating the issue - in the meantime, if you can't revert to a previous save I'm afraid the choices right now would be start over or move on to Threedom and just don't complete the subquests. If you have to move on, maybe you can make a backup copy of your save as it is right now so if the bug gets fixed you could play this part later. (again, no experience with consoles so I don't know if that's possible) 

I know that neither option would be attractive to me, hopefully someone else has some ideas? The good news is that I don't see anything in the achievements list related to completing all the subquests or completing either of these subquests, so you won't miss achievements if you move on.

Message 12 of 18 (3,293 Views)

[ Edited ]

Completing every single sub-quest isn't needed for Platinum/100% Cheevo and I don't believe anything is directly tied to the Little Joe questlines. You are free to move on at the cost of missing out on a Golden Pin.

You can make a manual save to USB as BlackJack suggested but you would need to wait for a patch and then play from that point on anyway - You're still early enough in the story I recommend just starting over if pure 100% completion is what you're after.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 13 of 18 (18,606 Views)

★★ Novice

This seems the only solution. It's ok for me. I don't have to 100% the game.

Thanks for your tipps and time. 🙏

Message 14 of 18 (3,244 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have run in to the exact same issue, also on Xbox Series X.

Here are a couple of screenshots, showing my quest progress, and the the in-game chat interaction blocking prompt.

Message 15 of 18 (2,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have also encountered the same problem, can't finish Save Little Joe or Confront Little Joe or trade with Little Joe

Message 16 of 18 (974 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@177bd61cb3e8e3ab Sad to know it still hasn't been patched in a year or more, guess it never will be at this rate.
Message 17 of 18 (965 Views)

Re: Bug Report: Little Joe Progression-Locked Side Quests

★★★ Newbie

Not sure if this got solved however, if you give Seemore his eyes there should eventually be an answer that says something along the lines of "you got more business to do there". I went back and they were able to chat again! Standard smile 

Message 18 of 18 (400 Views)