Re: Bug Report: Can't Collect 4th Inspiration in Royam's Poem Quest

by spaceturtle98

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bug Report: Can't Collect 4th Inspiration in Royam's Poem Quest

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Bug Report:

Playing on PC - Steam, I'm getting the four poems for the moon project, but for some reason when I step up to the last of the four posters, I can't read it.
The yellow glow is there, but I get the closed/red eye icon that indicates I can't interact with it.
So I can't finish the main quest as it stands

edited title for clarification: @BlackjackWidow 

Message 1 of 13 (12,015 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

I just had the same issue.  Could not pick up page due to the action prompt being crossed out.  I quit to main menu and reloaded and was able to get in the page no issue.

View in thread

Message 9 of 13 (11,679 Views)

All Replies

Re: Lost in Random Bug Report

Hero (Retired)

@jjgzzo - I haven't seen this quest yet, so can't say for sure. I do know that completing some of them require speaking to people (or a lot of people) before you can complete them. Is it possible that you have to complete some other task before you can get that last poster? Sometimes, people you've talked to won't offer options for what you need until you actually start the quest, so you may have to backtrack.

Check your map and your journal to make sure you've completed all the steps in order to be able to get that last poster. 

And let us know how it works out Standard smile 

Message 2 of 13 (11,934 Views)

★ Novice

@BlackjackWidow usually the yellow highlight is for that which will take you to the next step. I've spoken to everyone and done everything possible, so my theory is that I somehow did some specific series of events that soft-locked my progression Frown

Message 3 of 13 (11,911 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Sorry it took me a while to get back to the game to see if I had the same issue. I got through the whole thing without experiencing the same problem. I was able to pick up all of the posters without any issue. I know that's really not helpful, except to say that I did the battle that freed Joe's sister, but didn't return yet to finish the side quest associated. Everyone I could talk to in the upper area there, I did, including the Bill Welding guy at the beginning & the foreman, both of whom had a lot of dialog to get through. And I got the story page before I got anything else, I think.

Unfortunately, I experienced the same kinds of issues when playing Fe (also a Zoink! game). I tend to do a lot of "exploring" and backtracking, and when they have a strict linear progression as they seem to have, I've found myself locked out of areas or unable to complete something. 

I don't know if you gave up and started a new game, or if you were able to continue by finding something else that was required for the fourth poster. I wish there were a "save as" feature in this game, it would make it a lot easier to return to a specific point.

Message 4 of 13 (11,813 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On ps5, same issue. Can't do anything else unless that poster is accessible, and nothing I do will trigger me to accept the fourth poster. Was rather enjoying until now, but have no interest in starting over, if that's what needs to be done. 

Message 5 of 13 (11,787 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@chadcg7398 @jjgzzo - Can you attach a screenshot / pic of your journals? Maybe we can figure out if the game thinks you haven't done something yet, or you did something "out of order" that locked it somehow. It's locked out, so definitely a bug that should be reported, regardless of the reason. Just looking for a bit more information to help find the cause.

Like I said, I didn't have this problem. Maybe comparing mine to yours will show something different. I did 4/5 side quests, have "Catch Him Red-Handed" active but did not return to confront Little Joe yet. Also, picked up the 2nd story page, I think it was before getting any of the posters, but I may have waited until I got 1 or 2 first. I definitely got the story page before I completed the quest. And I went through all of the available questions for Overseer Murk. 

Journal: A Tale of Two Towns

LiR A Tale of Two Towns.png

Journal: Royam's Poem (after finding 2 posters)

LiR Royams Poem in progress.png

Journal: Catch Him Red-Handed

LiR Catch Him Red-Handed.png

Overseer Murk - he's on the platform by some stairs, on the way to unlocking the last story page

LiR Overseer Murk.png

Anything at all different with yours? 

Message 6 of 13 (11,766 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@jjgzzo Would you please click the Me Too button on the first post? It helps a lot to have a count of how many people are experiencing the same bug
Message 7 of 13 (11,754 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, 

We are investigating this issue at the moment, could you please attempt the following and let us know if they resolve the issue?

• Restart from the last save point.
  • Restart the level.
  • Lastly, try from a new save slot.

Thanks!

EACade
Message 8 of 13 (11,718 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

I just had the same issue.  Could not pick up page due to the action prompt being crossed out.  I quit to main menu and reloaded and was able to get in the page no issue.

Message 9 of 13 (11,680 Views)

★ Novice
@spaceturtle98 Thanks, that solved it for me.
Message 10 of 13 (11,474 Views)