Re: Tapped out from tapped out

by aaakillerbee81

Original Post

Can't play, freezing during Login with Valentine's Day Chimes

★★★ Newbie

I've done the 2 most recent updates and I still can't play the game. I get past the origin lab screen and as it goes to load into my Springfield the donut rotates a few times and then just freezes. It stays locked on this screen and with the volume on my iPhone I hear the chimes (from collecting valentines hearts) playing over and over again like a glitch.

I've logged out of my origin account and started a new game which works; re-booted the device, app, signed in/out and everytime I use my account it locks in the same place.

Message 911 of 1,218 (2,954 Views)

Simpsons - Tapped Out game freezing

★ Novice
Recently my Simpsons - Tapped out game on my iPad & iPhone froze after completing the Wiggum House Quest for level 26.
Now when I try to access the game, it freezes on the startup screen, and, all that you can hear is annoying harp music no matter how long you have it sitting on that screen.
I have logged out on both units, then logged back in to have the same thing happen.
My wifes login works perfectly on both units.
I then tried logging in on her phone and iPad to have the same thing occur, that is, it froze on the startup screen again.
Why does it work with her account and not mine???
Message 912 of 1,218 (2,963 Views)

Simpsons tapped out harp of death stop fobbing us off and fix it

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
When are you going to give an answer on this harp sound issue on Simpsons tapped out because has of yet nothing and you are starting to annoy a lot of people and at this rate you are going to be refunding a lot of the money you have taken. It is a origin account issue not a download problem
Message 913 of 1,218 (3,050 Views)

HARP OF DEATH FIX - I'M BACK ONLINE!!

★★★ Novice

Hello Everyone...

Just as many of you, I have been locked out of my account.  In my particualr case, over a week.

I HAVE SUCCESFULLY GAINED ACCES TO MY ACCOUNT AGAIN and I'd like to share the process and steps I took.  May be some of you will have the same luck I had.

First of all, I tried everything EA suggested on my iPhone 5 and my iPad mini.  Restore, Reinstall, Retry.  Nothing happened until I tried to use two devices at the same time.  I think that broke the loop.

So this is what I did:

1 - Restored my iPad mini.  Left it completely empty.

2 - Reinstalled the game.  Directly from the AppStore, not from my Mac.

3 - Deactivated all notifications (Settings - Notifications - The Simpsons)

4 - Deactivated the Local Notifications (Settings - The Simpsons)

Note that steps 3 and 4 are two different settings, one in the App list on Settings and the other under the Notifications sub menu.

5 - Set Auto Lock to never

6 - Started the game and waited for it to download all updates.

7 - After I got the login screen, I LOGGED OUT and then logged back in.

8 - Tapped to start playing and got the annoying "Harp of Death" as expected.

9 - After 20 or so minutes the App crashed and I'm back at the iPad Home screen, as expected.

10 - Reopened the game and tried steps 7 through 9 a couple of times with no luck.

So I moved to my iPhone

1 - I didn't restored the iPhone (to much of a hassle to reorganize my phone again ;-) )

2 - Erased the App and reinstalled it from the AppStore

3 - Deactivated all notifications (Settings - Notifications - The Simpsons)

4 - Deactivated the Local Notifications (Settings - The Simpsons)

5 - Set Auto Lock to never

6 - Started the game and waited for it to download all updates.

7 - After I got the login screen, I LOGGED OUT and then logged back in.

8 - Tapped to start playing and got the annoying "Harp of Death" as expected.

9 - After 20 or so minutes the App crashed and I'm back at the iPhone Home screen... really? again?

10 - Tried that a couple of times again.  Basically I did the exact same thing I did with the iPad except the Restore.

NOW, Here is what I did different...

1 - I opened the App on both devices at the same time

2 - Logged out of the game on both devices

3 - Logged in in both devices

4 - Tapped to play on both of them at the same time.

5 - One of the devices will tell you that your other device didn't save the progress.  Tapped Play Now to continue.

6 - Harp of Death started... now in Stereo!

7 - After 20 or so minutes the iPhone 5 was in!!!

8 - I immediately quit the App on the iPad which was still harping around.

NOW MY ACCOUNT IS WORKING FINE.

The most interesting thing of all is that I got to the "Level Up" prize splash screen where you can choose between three gifts to win 1, 2 or 3 donuts.

I got that screen repeatedly over and over until the App crashed so I was able to collect a very respectable amount of donuts.

So after a week of not playing, I consider the extra donus a fair compensation for the lost time.

If you are able to gain acces to your account share your experience on this thread to help others.

Hope this can help all of you and the best of luck!

Message 914 of 1,218 (3,073 Views)

Help!!!

★ Newbie
Something weird is happening with my Simpsons Tapped Out app; I open the app (I have an iPhone 4S), the normal loading screen is there, the little donut is in the corner turning to signify that it is loading; it soon comes up with the message saying welcome back, I then tap to screen to continue, and after another wait the small donut stops turning completely and there is a sound playing; it sounds like one note playing constantly over and over (it sounds like a harp or something); It just stays like this with no changes; the game does not load.
I have logged on using another device and it does the same thing, I have deleted the app and re-installed it, I have turned the phone off and on, I have checked all Internet connection settings; none of these things have helped!
Sorry this is so long just want to get all the info out there! Can anyone help me please???
Message 915 of 1,218 (2,952 Views)

Re: Is there anybody from EA that looks at this board?

★★★★★ Newbie

You're not working fast enough or you don't have the right people that are working on it. For the money you pull out of our pockets you deliver a bad example of customer care.

Message 916 of 1,218 (3,101 Views)

"Harp of death"

★★★ Newbie
Any idea when this will be fixed or how I can? Missin out on hearts for cash!
Message 917 of 1,218 (2,982 Views)

Re: Simpsons Tapped Out Valentine Crashes after "Tap To Continue"

★★★ Newbie

I also have the same problem since Sunday night.

I requested help from EA and they don't say a word until today.

I don't understand how a great company like EA let the clients frozen like this.

We pay for "donuts" and they don't  respect us in my opinion.

Message 918 of 1,218 (3,090 Views)

Tapped out from tapped out

★★ Newbie

I was at level 26, now I'm not more able to enter the game after login. I hear only a looped bell ring for hours.

Message 919 of 1,218 (2,964 Views)

Re: Tapped out from tapped out

★ Novice
I have tried everything, including deleting downloading again and logging in and it even does it on other devices as well.
Message 920 of 1,218 (1,029 Views)