Re: Can't connect to Battlefield 3 (PS3) servers

by bachy1076

Original Post

Can't connect to Battlefield 3 (PS3) servers

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

All day long, every time I try to join a game, a message comes up that says unable to connect to server, please check network connection. It will allow me to join a randon match, but then I lose the connection after a few minutes. Is this an issue with the server migration perhaps? Are more people experiencing this, because there seems to be a lot of games happening?

Message 1 of 22 (5,822 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi there!

Please check your internet status, restart your internet router (30 seconds) and try again. Please report back here again if it still doesn't work after the restart.

- Sincerely, Timmie.

Message 2 of 22 (5,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, I've tried that a few times. I tried that right away when it first happened this morning. Just to be sure, I went online on a couple other games, including Battlefield Bad Company 2, with no problems at all. I'm worried that I may have been hacked or something.

I will try again now, and report back to let you know if the problem is still persisting.

Thanks for the timely response. It's much appreciated.

Sincerely, Steve B.

Message 3 of 22 (5,777 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the samething is happening to me seens they finish the mainance im not able to get in no american server. i get the failed to join game to check the network connection.i keep trying and nothing works and is not only to me to some of my friends as well but other friends are avalable to connect. please i need to see if you can resolve his matter.

Message 4 of 22 (5,775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My roommate and I appear to be having this issue today as well. We cant connect to anything but Co-op games, which means it's not our internet connection. We also still have a perfect connection to PSN. We can search for servers and select them, but we get the "joining server" message and never go any farther. 

Message 5 of 22 (5,748 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can't connect on my server Admin?????????????????????

Message 6 of 22 (5,719 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the samething happens to me

Message 7 of 22 (5,717 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Pretty well the exacty same thing is happening to me and my friends.

As soon as one of us invites the others to join the pre-game squad, one of us (sometimes a couple of us), are unable to join the game whilst other times one or two from the squad are sometimes able to join. It seems to only happen (the part where '...please check network connection' screen after the 'Joining Server' hangs for about a minute) to whomever is hosting the squad when we try to join either a 'Quick Match' or even choosing a server from the 'Server Browser'. 

I even went as far as opening up the port forwards for BF3 and PSN, and still we are all unable to join the same game. This also includes trying to join a game by yourself through the server browser then trying to follow your friend through your friends list by trying to join their session.

Was working fine yesterday... If it's helpful, I'm on PS3. 

Message 8 of 22 (5,667 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still having the problem. I'm still able to join a random match occasionally, but most servers it just stays on the "joining game" queu for about a minute, then the message comes up "unable to join game. please check network connection." Very frustrating! I cannot join any games on any of my favorite servers!

Message 9 of 22 (5,631 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If nothing else, it's at least comforting to know that alot of other people are having this same problem. This way I know the problem isn't on my end, & the number of players it's happening to will hopefully cause them to speed up their efforts to isolate & fix the problem.

Thanks for the response. Hope they get this resolved soon; I can join a random game occasionally, but I'm unable to play on ANY of my favorite servers!...

Message 10 of 22 (5,630 Views)