Re: mirage heirloom inspect and buff to dmg numbers and knockdown passive

by Shockwave743

Original Post

mirage heirloom inspect and buff to dmg numbers and knockdown passive

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

made this post before an hour before but it has disappeared off the face of the planet.
Mirage in my opinion is the most built character, lore wise, and the most human. I would love to see where respawn is going to take him in the future, but thats beside the point. I have an heirloom interaction/inspect and 2 buff concepts. The buff only affects the display of damage numbers and other relating to to the knockdown passive.

1. when mirage isn't with his squad mates his attitude is very different and is no longer arguably "charming". So When mirage should have a rare heirloom inspect when he has no squad mates where the chest of the trophy opens and shows his father. or mother. or both. maybe his brothers too. And a voice line with it saying "i will win for you guys, or a least not die," or maybe he just sighs and closes the chest hatch.

next are the buff ideas, now some ppl might say mirage already has enough buffs, but this is just a concept i think is good.

2. knockdown passive

when mirage is knocked instead of the knock down sound, the shield break noise would be heard (maybe with a slight variation) and a decoy running in the direction mirage was facing is deployed while mirage cloaks for 2 or 3 seconds, and the knock down message for the person who knocked him would not appear. This would make the knockdown part of his passive sooo much better, and its not like it would always work, in side small buildings the  decoy would be stuck so it would obvious, but in open ground it would really make a difference.

3. Damage number buff
i have though of two ways of this
a. when mirage has low shields, white shields, or no shields, when he takes damage, the damage numbers should look as if he has a purple shield , this would (maybe) help mirage from being rushed when he is in a bad spot since he looks as if he has purple shields. And when mirage has blue or better shields damage numbers should appear as if he has white shields, so people eill be really confused why his shields didn't break after hitting him a few times.

b. all damage numbers to mirage are gray, and only the shield break audio noise indicates his Shields are broke.

or that buff could be used as another characters passive, i dont care about this buff as much as the first one (knockdown passive bufff)

Message 1 of 4 (293 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

rip, looks like no one shares my opinions ;-;

Message 2 of 4 (256 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Shockwave743 I think these ideas (besides the heirloom interaction) would be frustrating for other players. Having misleading sound ques and visual indicators like the ones you suggest would be insanely annoying and frustratingly unfair tbh
Message 3 of 4 (204 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

eh, i can see that being unfair

Message 4 of 4 (160 Views)