Re: caustic variable team color vs enemy color

by Minister_WinWin

Original Post

caustic variable team color vs enemy color

★★★★ Novice

Caustic's variable color should differentiate drastically - team color vs enemy color

Message 1 of 21 (2,142 Views)

Community Manager

@Minister_WinWin 

Would you mind going into more specific detail on what you mean and/or include a screenshot if you think that would help?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 21 (2,074 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sure.

One thing my teammate constantly complains about or asks during matches is: "is that your variable!?".

It's hard to tell, at a glance my trap and an enemy caustic's trap apart - especially if we are fighting near other teams that have caustics as well. So, there would be traps everywhere and he wouldn't know whether to:

1. Waste bullets shooting at my variable

2. Run through the variable (knowing it's mine) to get a kill

3. Lead an enemy into the trap to get the upper hand.

I think there should be a different skin or bright glow (similar to how you see it when it's far away) to glance at it and see it's your team's variable and not an enemies variable.  

Message 3 of 21 (2,063 Views)

★★ Guide

I think hes talking about his gas tanks Caustic throws out. I have said this to my frieds also, that it would be a good idea if a team mates gas tanks are the Neutral colour and the enemies should be red or another colour so we can tell if its a team mates or not.

It specially gets confusing when there is more then one Caustic around the same area and there are all these gas tanks he has thrown out but you dont know whichnnis which.

Message 4 of 21 (2,055 Views)

Community Manager

@Minister_WinWin 

Ah, gotcha! Thank you for the feedback and yes, I've unloaded a whole clip at my own squad member's variable before. Tongue out

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 21 (2,048 Views)

Enemy Caustic gass trap using different color base

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Blueberry

We've been screaming for different color base for Caustic gas trap, but nothing happen.

Suddenly Wattson fence has different color without we even asking?? Standard smile

While it's good that we don't have to ask, Can we implement the same thing for Caustic gass trap?

Ideally we want :

1. Enemy Gas trap (before trigger) to have different color base (beside Red, could be Yellow, Blue, Orange, or any color that support color blind person as well).  (easy enhancement request)

2. Enemy Gas itself has different color. I know there's challenge when 2 gas collide, let put color rule in place.  (mix color could be challenging for dev ?, if yes, this could be later)

Message 6 of 21 (2,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Minister_WinWin @EA_Blueberry  @johnmiceter @asukojo 

It can get confusing trying to determine who's Gas Trap is who's and it would be nice to have different colours to make it easier to determine. However, my main issue is that Caustic traps are meant to be hidden - unlike Wattson's electric fences - and I worry that giving enemy Gas Traps an outline or more noticeable warning to their presence could negatively effect Caustic players who have their traps set up in clever or strategic spots on the map. 

Simply, I think that players should always be cautious of every Gas Trap they see, just like how they should be wary of all Caustic Gas they're about to go into - it may not be yours so expect it to effect you.

Message 7 of 21 (1,961 Views)

Champion

Was about to make another thread about this!

Yes it's annoying when your team-mates can't tell which gas traps are yours easily, especially as they can trigger them now.

@WoahItsTea I think the best thing is to have a clear outline on friendly traps for friendlies, perhaps also if we saw friendly gas as blue then we know it's safe.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 8 of 21 (1,893 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I also want to point out that the damage/cc logic behind caustic's variable doesn't make any sense. Caustic shouldn't be immune to every other caustic and thanks to a color differentiation (for example, instead of black, green for friendly and red for enemy) this could be fixed. Caustic should suffer the same effects whenever triggers an enemy variable. it feels like the character is a bowl of exceptions right now.

Message 9 of 21 (1,880 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Dont forget, He always wearing gas mask for a reason !

Message 10 of 21 (1,870 Views)