bloodhound passive problem

by rolliejnr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

bloodhound passive problem

★★★ Apprentice

Hey, rolliejnr here. Has anyone realized that they buffed bloodhounds passive to 90 seconds but the game still makes the tracks disappear at 60. I have mained bloodhound since the start of the game pretty much and I think that increasing the time is a great idea but right now it doesn't work. what I'm thinking is that the wraith portals disappear at 60 seconds and the game makes the tracks disappear for that and it's affecting every other track that enemies make like moving or shooting guns. so far the Q ability is working great for me. Thanks for reading this get this to ea lol.

Message 1 of 28 (1,520 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bloodhound 5 month timer bug

Community Manager

@rolliejnr @Benchwarmerbrew  @Ionzur  @WoahItsTea 

This is from the latest patch notes:

• Fixed a couple bugs with Bloodhound Passive skill: players could not see timers when looking at enemy tracks [clues] and tracks would expire 30 seconds sooner than expected .
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 26 of 28 (1,075 Views)

All Replies

Re: bloodhound passive problem

Community Manager

@rolliejnr 

Are you getting the number 90 from the patch notes that were related to the scan?

Bloodhound

• Eye of the Allfather
    • Enemies scanned now are tracked in real time instead of leaving a ghost image behind. The tracking lasts for 1.5 seconds.
    • Increased the angle of the scan to 110 from 90.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 28 (1,489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry RollieJnr is a friend of mine. I'll let him know you replied to this. I believe he is talking about the Tracker tactical changes in the same patch notes:

• Tracker
    • Increased clue duration to 90 seconds from 60 seconds.
    • Fixed a bug where energy weapons wouldn’t leave behind weapon fired clues.
    • Fixed a bug where movement clues would sometimes not be generated. 

In game, he found that Tracks left by enemies still disappear after 60 seconds and he thinks this might be connected to Wraith portals as they also disappear after 60 seconds.   

Message 3 of 28 (1,478 Views)

Community Manager

@WoahItsTea 

Ah, gotcha! We'll raise this up to the team to be aware of. Thank you!

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 28 (1,468 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No sorry I meant his passive that woahitstea has just said. His tracker passive not his q. It's just that the normal time was increased to 90 from 60 but the game still removes the ping that enemies made at 60. I thought that wraith portals disappear at 60 seconds too and that may be affecting bloodhounds passive. Sorry for the confusion. I have also noticed that when on a zipline as bloodhound the ultimate would instantly activate but this doesn't happen. What does happen tho is that the animation for normal activation is used but is bugged on the zipline. Hope you know what I mean and can try it out and see what I mean. I think having the ult insta activate on a zipline is great cause it makes you think if you need use it or not. Thanks for reading EA_blueberry

Message 5 of 28 (1,464 Views)

Community Manager

@rolliejnr 

Tracking that hereWink

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 28 (1,450 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry Still haven't fixed this btw. 5 months of this crap and still waiting.
Message 7 of 28 (1,299 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberrydid ya bring it up in your yearly meetings yet?

Message 8 of 28 (1,271 Views)

Bloodhound 5 month timer bug

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1060 6GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? rolliejnr
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Woahitstea
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Caustic
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. everywhere in game where a enemy player has left a track
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Looking at tracks left by bloodhounds passive
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1000>
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 9/07/19
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The tracks still disappear at 60 seconds instead of the 90-second buff it had near the start of season 2.
What should be happening instead? the tracks should disappear at 90-seconds instead of 60.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I play bloodhound a lot and main him. id say look at wraiths portals as they disappear at 60 seconds too. so that may be affecting the tracks.

original post 5 months ago (since July)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Legends-Feedback/bloodhound-passive-problem/m-p/8013457#M3459

5months @EA_Blueberry

• Tracker
    • Increased clue duration to 90 seconds from 60 seconds.
    • Fixed a bug where energy weapons wouldn’t leave behind weapon fired clues.
    • Fixed a bug where movement clues would sometimes not be generated. 

Cant post a video to actually show this as they have broken the timer on the tracks.

Message 9 of 28 (1,283 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
Message 10 of 28 (1,241 Views)