Re: YOU JUST RUINED CAUSTIC

by ThickGrape

Original Post

YOU JUST RUINED CAUSTIC

★★ Apprentice

You idiots at respawn literaly just ruined caustic with the recent nerf to his already useless traps, theres no point in playing him if you are force to camp on a f@cking building the entire match just so the traps dont get instantly disarmed.

He literally cant do anything mid-fight or even prepare for a third party, his traps which take like 2 whole f@cking seconds to arm themselves just get instantly destroy by idiots with no skill, how the f@ck is it fair that a 25 second cooldown ability gets instantly countered by a single bullet and they dont even have to hit the base of the barrel, its so easy to destroy the canisters that even players that were not looking to destroy them now just get to disarm them even by accident.

you literally just destroy all the fun when playing Caustic with an agressive playstyle that was hard to achieve but was very rewarding. 

Meanwhile wraith, path and watson or gibby still have a near 100% PICKRATE in tournaments and high level matches since since basically the release of the f@cking game but somehow caustic needs a massive nerf??? Why buff him if then you are going to completly destroy the character?

Go f@ck yourselves useless respawn balance team

Message 1 of 17 (780 Views)

★★ Expert
@FMA1498 Eh, the nerf isn’t great, but it’s not that big.
I took Caustic out for a spin and did pretty well.
Message 2 of 17 (737 Views)

★ Guide
@FMA1498 Mate, they made caustic someone you can actually defend against. Your inability to use him is your fault, not theirs. When he could toss traps in and you had no chance to defend yourself, that was an issue
Message 3 of 17 (716 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Arkuos16 You could defend against him before since he was only strong in buildings. I haven''t played him recently but the complaint is that Caustic is difficult to use aggressively now. Camping is the only viable way to play him because his traps are too easy to disarm.

Do you agree with having Caustic this way?

Message 4 of 17 (681 Views)

★ Guide
@heme725 I found, and maybe its just my experience, that if I was trying to hold a building and a caustic rushed me I couldn't realistically defend against his traps and his rushing teammates. The gas traps having to be shot down after they expanded was kinda BS, as it meant if you were healing in a building, you got gassed pretty much without fail. I prefer caustic being someone you can reasonably defend against as opposed to someone who will, 9 times out of 10, force you out for no other reason than because they are Caustic.
Message 5 of 17 (663 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Arkuos16 What you are pointing out was the only good thing about playing Caustic.

Also traps were not only for pushing, Caustic is really big and easy target, and despite Fortified, he don't have a personal 50HP shield or a 12s dome with fast heal in it (like Gibby), all he could do to protect himself when being pushed or when attacking another team was laying traps and shoot them, but now he can't do that.
This tiny, one line nerf was not small, and it actually put him really down; now he has no way to cover himself, and his ultimate is not Bangalore's smoke to have 2 charges or a short cooldown. He can't phase, dome, smoke, decoy scape, etc... he just stands there as a big target.
Message 6 of 17 (650 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

you already posted on this FMA1498.

Message 7 of 17 (623 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Arkuos16 Laying siege to enemies inside of a building is his main offensive strength so your experience is right here. I'm not sure if its fair or unfair for him to have a one-sided advantage in buildings given he's weaker than other characters in an open field. 

I haven't used him but I assume the update makes it more difficult to use traps in the open as well as (according to you) breach a building. Caustic was already viewed as a camping Legend but this may eliminate the ability to play with him aggressively at all.

I don't want Caustic to have an unfair advantage over other Legends but I do want Caustic to have the ability to fight back without simply hiding in a building.

Message 8 of 17 (607 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I usually use Caustics traps as a defensive measure, but there are plenty of times when I use his gas (including traps and Ultimate) for an offensive siege. The new change does kinda favor those really experienced players and the like.

Perhaps make it so players have to shoot the base of a trap (even during it's arming phase)?

Message 9 of 17 (563 Views)

★★ Guide
@StarMystro yes it is! not all barrel only he's root
Message 10 of 17 (494 Views)