Re: Wraith... why another nerf?

by SERPENT_DESCEND

Original Post

Wraith... why another nerf?

★★★★★ Apprentice

In the upcoming patch notes it says that the phase ability will now take 1.25 seconds to activate including a 20% movement slow. Why? Wraith was in no way overpowered as a legend and this has just gone too far. Her portal is the best tool for rotation. Nerfing my legend to the ground is just ruining apex legends for me. Now I feel as though I have to completely re learn how to effectively phase because respawn decided to change the ability into a “repositioning tool” newsflash. The portal repositions, the phase’s entire point is to negate incoming damage. This is total bs. All wraith gets is nerf after nerf after nerf. Honestly if this continues I’m done playing apex legends. 

Message 1 of 56 (2,063 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

People play wraith in ranked and pubs for her portal. The repostioning ability is the best in the game and that’s why she has a high win rate. Being able to make clutch rotations is very important. Please stop coming up with ways to nerf this legend. She is balanced and is in no way over powered. And honestly it’s insulting that I’m a good player, with a high win rate, and I have around 12k kills logged with this legend. And you like to think that the legends with a high pick and win rate deserve a nerf? What kind of incentive is that? I guess I should stop playing my favorite legend all together and win a crap ton with someone else in order to win enough so you can just nerf them too!? Honestly respawn, learn something about your game before changing it. STOP NERFING WRAITH. I’m soooo excited to have to completely re learn how to play my legend tomorrow... it’s gonna be soooooooooo great... :/

Message 2 of 56 (2,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

It’s really early to judge, her tactical last longer and its cool down decreased 10 seconds.  let’s call it a change for now, until we see actual games after a few weeks. 

Message 3 of 56 (2,043 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The only tactical that takes longer to activate is crypto’s drone. It’s the initial phase attempt with a 20% movement slow that has me angry at the developers of this game. 1.25 seconds is more than enough time to get shredded by an r99 or a havoc. Wraith will never be the same if they keep her this way. She has received more nerfs than any other legend, and more than any other video game character I have ever seen. I won’t stop playing wraith. And at a certain point if the nerfs keep coming I will leave apex 

Message 4 of 56 (2,026 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

They put this down as ”because she has a high pick and win rate” we need to come up with another nerf. Well respawn, I’m sorry I’m too good at your game. I thought I would get a reward for playing well but it turns out all you want to do is nerf my legend as I continue to get better and better. I will never stop playing wraith and you will see me continue to pick and win with this legend, no matter how many nerfs come my way. What a terrible job you do. You look at the players who main a legend, who win a ton of games, and you say, ok, let’s nerf their mains so it’s harder for the good players to win. Hats off to you for that devs. Nice incentive for playing well. Nice to know the more I win the more my main gets nerfed. 

Message 5 of 56 (2,016 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree with your general sentiment. The logic behind the changes doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. As someone pointed out on Reddit, the reason she has such a high win rate, is because a lot of people play her. So using that as a reason to nerf her doesn't make a lot of sense to me. 

The 20% movment nerf is utterly too much. Ok fine increase the time it takes to activate but why make it reduce the movment. 

Message 6 of 56 (1,977 Views)

★★ Expert
@HarmoNoise The 20% is only when you activate it.
Once it is activated, you move 30% faster, can see people, and it lasts longer.

This was actually an interesting rework, not an actual nerf. They made the activation worse, but everything else better.
Message 7 of 56 (1,971 Views)

★ Guide

even if it was a nerf is it really that confusing?

"oh jeeze why did they nerf the SSS tier legend"

Message 8 of 56 (1,965 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Shmexxyyy It's not necessarily a nerf but a change to how her tactical is supposed to work, It's now much more effective as a repositioning ability than a getting out of tough situations ability
Message 9 of 56 (1,937 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Sir_Named I know it's when you activate it. Itll be similar to Loba when she tosses her jump drive. You're exposed for that period of time untill you're actually in your ability
Message 10 of 56 (1,936 Views)