Original Post

Re: Wraith's ability Into the Void

★★ Guide

Peope think Wriath needs . . . buffs?

lol Heck no

Message 11 of 39 (1,235 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Only thing needed to be done is to remove the trail behind her when she goes into her own mind.

Message 12 of 39 (1,227 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't see why people want this changed? In a game that was free for all perhaps. But its a team game guys. Her ability isn't there as a 'get out of jail free' when you're trying to 1v3. In my opinion if you're engaging a squad 1v3 no ability should save you, only skill. As someone who played wraith a lot at the start, her ability served more to me as an escape or disengagement that would make the enemy focus on my other teammates. If you're grouped up this will usually be the case, because chasing a wraith for 3-4 seconds of invulnerability when there are her two squad mates pinning you down is not feasible. Its all tactical, and she of all people right now is in a good place. 

Message 13 of 39 (1,216 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

You're missing the point.  Her ability has a two-fold purpose. HIT AND RUN. She should be able to viod right into a squad as a surprise attack . She should be able to void out of a situation just like the Bangalore runs her * off.  Our point is the trail makes it way too easy to kill. And from across the map I've killed her because I saw the trail.  The drawback for The wraith in the void is she can't tell where anyone's at.         The trail is a major flaw and weakness to the character you shouldn't be able to follow the trail so easily to kill her.  Especially from across the map.  I am glad that you can't tell who's around you while in the void.  She is a tactful character and you cannot surprise attack a squad when they are going to see you coming.  All I am saying is that you shouldn't see the whole trail just the start or end so you have a general idea of about where she came or went to.  

Message 14 of 39 (1,203 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't think I am though. Hit and run is not across the map, if youre being shot at across the map, void is nothing but useful. You simply use it to void to cover then heal up. If anything this is overpowered. Its purely a positioning advantage and it buys her time. But that's exactly it, wraiths ability is to buy her time for her teammates to help. Not make her some overpowered killing machine that can void behind you and shoot you all in the back. Although that said, ive used void to get behind enemies many times. A wisp floating past is somewhat less noticeable than a person. Its all relative but right now, wraith is near the top as far as ability balance goes IMO.

Message 15 of 39 (1,192 Views)

★ Apprentice

I agree out of all the legends she needs the least fixing.  Everyone looks for the wraith trial. I don't know about you but I see that trail above all the skins in the game. It is the easiest to spot .  90% of the people are using her to avoid aan escape.

But you're not seeing is when you use that to help yourself get away.  I'm the guy following that trail from across the map with my scope.  Because here you're right you're going to heal yourself fix your Shields you're stopping and I got you dead to rights in my sights.  no one should be able to follow you from across the map so easily. That is my one point here. The other point I'm trying to stay it doesn't do you any good to use a into the void when you can easily be tracked and found.  So my suggestion was to only allow people extremely close to see the trail or only see 10 meters of the beginning and the ending of the trail. This allows her to change direction and get away a little bit better. So playing against her you'll have a direction but she still cannot tell where she's going and could run into another group. Plus there's the bloodhound even if she does all of this a group who has the bloodhound will find her . There is a counterbalance to this. By doing this she is given a chance to survive or like all the other legends she's going to have to keep running and not help the squad.

How many other legends when the squad gets wiped and there's two or three groups run away to leave you behind? To many .  in my opinion is not overpowered you still have a bloodhound you still have people searching for her and once she fired she gives herself away most likely most scenarios it's one on two or three.  

And yes we'll be a tactical advantage for her surprise attacks but again you should be able to see the last 10 feet or so of the void or make it overall fainter.

Message 16 of 39 (1,189 Views)

★★★ Novice
Sorry Myers but squwee points are very strong and logical.

Clearly, there is no point of that ability if it’s leaving a trail, do you know how many times I just follow the trail cuz the actual ability is only 2-3 seconds long and just kill wraith or how many people do that to me? It literally makes the move useless
Message 17 of 39 (1,186 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The problem I have here is, youre saying the issue with wraiths ability is the one drawback it has. Which yes, is a relatively big one but that's entirely the point. Personally id like to make it so she can see people whilst in the void, that would be a much better way to even it out. But the trail is entirely necessary, it is the exact same as the fact enemies can see BH's scan, its a massive drawback, because you can see the scan and it gives away any surprise element you had on the enemy. Yet BH is still very strong, as its about when and how you use the ability, much like wraith. The exact same with mirage, who is actually sadly very weak rn. But his ult is the same, and that's an ult. Any person with half a brain can see where he is when he ults, or when hes downed. The drawbacks are there to stop one person becoming unstoppable, I appreciate this isn't always the case. Bangalore for example in my opinion is too powerful. But even so, her drawback is she cant see through her own smoke. Caustic because he effects allies (although he needs a serious rework). I just really don't see a problem with wraith, and from playing her the scenarios you describe just don't happen to me. So I can only say its how youre using it. 

Message 18 of 39 (1,160 Views)

★ Apprentice

To have the Wraith able to see other Legends while in the void is OP.  Then I must say her trail must not change.  I think the Wraith would have to much advantage then on the attack and would be doing what the BH does.  You admitted that there has to be drawbacks and not seeing others must stay that way.

It was also brought up let the Wraith have a speed increase while in the void.  This could help getting away allowing you to set up defence for people following you.  You still would have a problem if you wanted to disengage and reengage the squad. Which I feel is a way she was meant to be played.

In my most humble opinion the Wraith with it's abilities is the most flexible Legend in the game. She is there to complement your squad no matter what you all chose to do offense/defence.  

I play aggressive and even when I don't and run into players the first ability is damn near useless.  I focus on the Wraiths  when I see one because so many panic and slip off into the void. Now I got them. You are discombobulated and you can't react fast enough to do anything to save yourself. Once you come out of it. 

I believe that my suggestion to only allow a little bit of the trail to be seen at the beginning and end.  Would allow her to effectively use the ability and not be OP.

Message 19 of 39 (1,150 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, Im wraith main im so happy with her as a character but the only issue i have with her that when i fight someone and my magazines are empty i just use her to disengage the fight but the enemy always follow my trial and killing me, in that point my guns are empty and the are chasing me so nothing to do.

I have three ideas to fix that:

1st : remove the trial

2nd: make her able to cancel the ability (for example i dont need to wait all the time of disappearing to allow the enemies to come to kill me i mean to get behind a cover and cancel the ability fast and reload)

3rd:  idea is to delay the trial so its still shows where she went but also gives her the time to reload

sorry for my bad english

please replay

Message 20 of 39 (1,144 Views)