Re: Wraith nerf when?

by PJBurrows1991

Original Post

★★ Apprentice
Make her thicker or increase the received damage.
Message 21 of 49 (1,013 Views)

★★★ Pro
@jTiKey Wraith is picked because she can outplay other Legends. Also has a get out of jail free card. But her number one strongest point is what is called a "Heal off". Thanks to that, in pro scenes. The team who manages to keep their Wraith alive inside the final Circle will end up winning the match. That's why some people commit suicide to try to kill or down the enemy Wraith at all cost.

She was nerfed where she would take The Ring damage inside her void and ultimate no matter what. But the Developers decided to revert this nerf. I think they believed Crypto would become meta, so they are watching a bit from the sides.

Wraith is being watched in terms of Power.
Message 22 of 49 (996 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I don’t know why people complain about characters being OP or need a nerf. If they are OP why don’t the complainers play as the character they are complaining about? 
If you are a Wraith vs another Wraith, you both have the same advantage and disadvantages. 
I personally don’t rate Wraith my self, even with her smaller hit box I have no problem hitting her. Her kit is mediocre at best, and doesn’t give her any advantage in a fight. 

Message 23 of 49 (985 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Her tactical > Caustic's Ultimate
Her tactical > Bangalore's Ultimate
Her tactical > Gibraltar's Ultimate
Her tactical > Crypto's Ultimate
Her tactical > Caustic's Tactical
Her tactical > Wattson's Tactical
Her tactical > Grenades 
Her tactical > The Ring
Her tactical > Being Exposed

Yeah being able to ignore any of that in a fight.. at will.. gives no advantage.. She has to be one of the most forgiving characters, being able to ignore and escape most bad situations.

Playing Wraith would just be contributing to the problem, might as well be sanctioned cheating. Awkward stance, tiny hitbox, ignore anything button, and a runspeed button. Mediocre at best? Get your head checked.

Message 24 of 49 (978 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Symbioticfork5 Her kit is mediocre. The strongest ability she has is her passive ability to detect when she's being targeted. Makes her team very hard to ambush. The rest of her abilities are kind of... meh. Not bad but nothing exciting.

In comparison to other legends I find Gibraltar, Caustic, Crypto, Bangalore, and Pathfinder to have more game changing tacticals.

Gibraltar and Caustic are the only ones with Ults that actually make me worry (Bloodhound too though to a FAR lesser degree).

Everything about Wraith is good but nothing about her is special except her passive.

Her hitbox and running animation are primarily what make her top tier in this game so lets not pretend its her abilities.

Message 25 of 49 (944 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yeah Wraith gets to straight up ignore anything she sees coming, missiles, bombs, and bullets. The only reason Caustic might provide some issue is the fact his gas activates quickly (not that it will do any damage before Wraith uses her tactical to get out of it). Yeah being short with a small hitbox and awkward stance are her best features, coupled with god mode button.. seems good, too good. 

She doesn't warp the battlefield like the fattest men alive, she just ignores it all.

Message 26 of 49 (914 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@PJBurrows1991 wrote:

I don’t know why people complain about characters being OP or need a nerf. If they are OP why don’t the complainers play as the character they are complaining about? 
If you are a Wraith vs another Wraith, you both have the same advantage and disadvantages. 
I personally don’t rate Wraith my self, even with her smaller hit box I have no problem hitting her. Her kit is mediocre at best, and doesn’t give her any advantage in a fight. 

Bruh are you serious?

Let me make a small example: Back in CSGO 2016 there was an update introduced the unholy abomination R8. That gun was a pistol that cost only 800$ that can ONE SHOT PEOPLE because it HAD THE SAME STATS AS AN AWP - A Sniper Rifle that cost 4600$. Obiviously EVERYONE was buying and using that pistol because it was so brokenly overpowered that there is no other choice but using it. 3 days later Valve nerf it into oblivion.

Now back to Apex. In 500k Polan championship (did you watch it?), literally al 20 teams compete in that scene ALL HAVE A WRAITH. Also every major streamer or pro player in Apex just so happen ALSO WRAITH MAIN. Imagine if you can choose duplicate the same champion in a team, it would be fricking hilarious because i pretty sure everyone will play Wraith and the game will instantly broken because all of them will have passive triggering each other, yeah that would worth to watch.

Also the face you said her hitbox has no advantage during gunfight? What monitor are you using? A IMAX 16k scene? Because i sure as hell everyone in the thread of nerfing Wraith either Wraith main or hater are all agree on one thing: Her hitbox is too dan small. Or you simply better than all of player in this game

I believe you now understand what you said was stupid?

Message 27 of 49 (883 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@PJBurrows1991Same as the people who aren’t good with hitting every shot with PK complain about PK being “OP” because they’re bad with it, people don’t like wraith main simple because every wraith main with over 6k kills push them so hard they hate it . Her phase has a drawback it has a delay when you use it and when you leave it. Instead of them complaining about a character because people who use her majority of the time play aggressive and they get outplayed they just run here to complain.

Message 28 of 49 (862 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Peacekeeper is a high variance weapon. Sometimes it does poorly other times it does better than everything. There's nothing highly variant about Wraith's pick rate, win rate, damage dealt. She's literally the best character, played by most of the best players. I don't mind getting rushed at all, as a Caustic main that's usually great. Unless they're child sized in comparison and can warp through every trap I've set into safety. Many if not most abilities have an activation time (some very detrimental to their use) so don't give me crap about her tactical not being that good. 

Message 29 of 49 (847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@KissYourHomieUwUSorry, just seen this post now. If Wraith is so OP, why do you not play as her? Easy wins for you instead of complaining. 
And when did I say her hit box has no advantage? 

Message 30 of 49 (813 Views)