Re: Wraith is still overpowered, Gibraltar is still underpowered

by d3adc3II

Original Post

Wraith is still overpowered, Gibraltar is still underpowered

★★★★ Apprentice

I never seen developers so deaf. Honestly your refusal to acknowledge meta and do something about it is unbelievably frustrating. Your "fixes" changes nothing. They aren't even fixes, that's like you afraid to hurt all those with "twitch" in their nicks who played wraith since release and farmed kills.

Message 1 of 32 (1,622 Views)

★★★ Pro
Just because something is meta doesn't mean it has to be nerfed/changed you know, Wraith is not OP just takes more aim to hit as opposed to Gib who gets shot from around corners by invisible enemies at times and it's not Wraiths fault Gib and Caustic aren't competitive either, as much as I like Gibs not and Caustics kit they don't belong in a game like this
Message 2 of 32 (1,586 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Pretzelnutcake wrote:
Just because something is meta doesn't mean it has to be nerfed/changed you know

Wrong. Choosing hero shouldn't give you benefit so strong. Nothing in this game can give you more than small hitbox. 

Message 3 of 32 (1,578 Views)

★★★ Novice

I do agree actually that wraith might need a nerf, I struggle extremely to hit her and pathfinder. Pathfinder has a broken hit box and it’s nearly impossible to kill him in a 1v1 because of it, and I still struggle to kill gibby because of his shield. Gibby doesn’t need a buff. Wraith and path need a nerf. I was on the side of wraith having drawbacks that make her so easy to kill that she needed a buff, but a hit box is a lot of the issue.

Message 4 of 32 (1,571 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Her main drawback is a pretty meh kit. Gibraltar and Caustic are fairly powerful but their kits are difficult to use on the fly. Wraith has a small yet notable advantage in a 1v1 which can be fixed by tweaking other characters to be more viable in direct fights. No need for massive buffs just slight tweaks.

Message 5 of 32 (1,537 Views)

★ Guide

TL;DR:  IMO, it's because she is selfishly based and players usualy don't play as a team.

- Passive lets her know that someone is watching her = hardly team benefit

- Tactical is evasion = no team benefit

- Ultimate creates "wormhole" = only skill with team benefit, but players mostly uses this only selfishly for speed boost

AND she has small hitbox.

That's why she seem's broken...etc

On the other hand Gibraltar

- Passive makes him more durable = working team can use Gib as some form of meatshield

- Tactical - no damage getting through = team benefit is obvious

- Ultimate creates small area denial and heavy damage = also team benefit

So my point is - let's take 3 random Wraiths with good aim vs 3 other legends with medium aim, but well-coordinated.

Guess who wins.

Message 6 of 32 (1,521 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You can even take out her skills entirely, she still will be too powerful. Skills can be on cooldown or not suited for helping in battle, but her small hitbox and weird posture are always active. 

Message 7 of 32 (1,511 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My tier rank goes:

Wraith, Bangalore, Lifeline, Octane, Bloodhound, Pathfinder, Mirage, Gib, Caustic

Wraith has highest rank and she need to be paired with 2 other strong characters to keep the number 1 spot.

Message 8 of 32 (1,486 Views)

★★★ Pro

Her passive to allow her to know someone is watching or sees her is strong. it tells you that someone is nearby even on the last squad fight. i was watching a streamer and the last guy was camping in a corner but he saw the wraith on a zippline. They found the camper and killed him instantly. 

Without the passive, they would never know. 

Plus, most pro wraiths don't even tell their teammates. They use this information for themselves to get major kills or escape. 

Message 9 of 32 (1,473 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I dun think her passive is OP, it's good but not OP.
On the other hand, Her tactical skill is damn good,
Message 10 of 32 (1,462 Views)