Wraith ideas... You're welcome.

by 90128zdhn1l2

Original Post

Re: Wraith ideas... You're welcome.

★★★★★ Novice

Respectfully, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Message 11 of 22 (870 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@90128zdhn1l2 Whenever some thing starts with respectfully, it always manages to be disrespectful. I do know what I’m talking about when it comes to apex.
Message 12 of 22 (850 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@90128zdhn1l2 Well things have gotten heated here. I'm going to ignored the mentions of every Legend other than Wraith since things seemed to become unreasonable when this topic moved off from her.

Wraith's abilities are now a little lackluster. Her tactical requires a bit of foresight and her Ultimate shines best with teams playing competitively. I see no problem with tweaking them to make her feel more fluid or fun but she's a pretty balanced if boring Legend.

@BigMacAttack8u Is right that her biggest advantage is still her relatively small size which is something your opponents will feel more than anyone that mains her.

Allowing her tactical to activate a bit quicker and trying to get her passive to work reliably is all that's needed to make her feel more fluid/comfortable to use.

As for making her more fun I don't know? If she can phase through solid objects that would be way too cheap besides she doesn't become intangible just changes dimensions. I personally find most attack/mobility characters boring so can't help with this.

Message 13 of 22 (822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

All phasing through solid objects does is make her more viable at doing what she already does; reposition herself or allies. If all Wraith is good for is moving people around, doesn't it make sense that she should be good at the only thing she can do? Her name is Wraith; If you look up the definition, her name makes no sense with her abilities. We should just rename her phaser since that's what she actually does. Open your imagination to the possibilities. Wraith could be great by just going through solid objects and having control of her phase ability.

Hitbox aside, it would make for some really fun plays if she had a new trick up her sleeve. Never knowing when or where she can strike from, or being able to survive just a little bit better. This improvement would make her a hell of a lot more fluid. The truth is she is broken right now and not in a good way. Competitive play is a whole other league because the pros break the game no matter who or what they play. Might as well make a fun game instead of a balancing act. Besides, it's as I've said before; if every legend is good at what they do, or if they are all overpowered in their own way, the game will be more balanced.

Players will return if the game changes in this way. I myself think when the game first started, it was a way better game even though players had less to choose from. Many would agree. I miss select fire for my Prowler especially. That was my favorite gun, but they ruined that too. Wraith instant phase. All these things and more made the game fun. I will say that the game has made a lot of improvements too though. I would just like to see more. 

Bangalore ultimate should be instant too, and that's all I have to say about that. Give a warning on screen that says Incoming Airstrike, and a minimap, or visual aid showing the direction of the strike. Easy peazy. The delay makes it useless.

Message 14 of 22 (805 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@90128zdhn1l2 I imagine you being at the final circle. Your team being poorly positioned and pinned due to the other team having better rotation and general awareness.
You are pretty much dead to zone, it sucks but it is what it is.

NOPE!

Wraith portals and uses her tactical to phase through the wall/s/mountain/what ever and plops a portal on the other side while being invulnerable. Out comes the team and RATATTATATATTATATATTAAA you win.

Hurray!... only it is cheap as F and you deserve to lose. Sorry but Phasing through object will be one of those skills that just feel like griefing. Like wall hack on Seer.
Kidnaps will go INSANE plopping people off the map or into areas they just can't get out of without special movement abilities or complete reworks of the maps.

I don't play Wraith all that often, but I do feel her tactical could activate faster. When I play against her it is still quite strong tho'. People are just better at using it than I am. Plus that the get out of zone undamaged is really handy.

An idea could be to put stages on her ult. have it charge in instances and let you create either a longer portal, or a couple shorter ones. Plus if you want to be really creative you could branch an existing portal.
And possibly being able to switch direction inside of the portal, although that could make it so that it would go unstable and implode or something.
Message 15 of 22 (686 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

First of all, Seer is broken, and on this, most of us agree. 24/7 wall hacks and sight is lame - another passive that needs a rework. However, when it comes to Wraith, you just proved my point. You have just made her decent enough to pull the victory a bit better. You are talking about an isolated incident which doesn't occur very often, but have now just proven why it would be effective in an apex match. If anything, the people who got a free victory just because they got lucky on last circle should have a run for their money for once. Having a chance is still better than having no chance, and besides, Ash can do that crap anyways, so it's already in the game. Again, proving that Ash is just a lazy remake of Wraith (plus she has a rat as a pet - eww, gross). Wraith gets better in a way that is unique to her. More possibilities = more fun.

If Ash can do that, and Mirage can do this, and Fuze can do that, then why the hell can't Wraith? Wraith just becomes trickier than originally planned, but that is the point. She gets useful, and that is all that changes. She deserves to be good at something in the game. Every legend should be great in their own way. If repositioning is Wraith's only function, she should be better at doing precisely that.

If you all disagree with me than that is fine, I will accept it, but I need to fight for this. Apex is worth it, and I want to. It's like sitting on a gold mine, but y'all treat it like a hair salon. I just want every legend to be great in different ways. We can make this game greater than it is. Right now it feels like an FPS with lame abilities; lame abilities with cool VFX. Why can't we change it to be more useful like Overwatch's powers are? The game will get better by doing this. At least do some gameplay testing first, and see what I mean.

*Side note - Please bring back Select Fire for my Prowler SMG, and Havoc Riffle. These used to be way cooler guns than they are now. You took away cool functions which have hindered the game since.

Message 16 of 22 (668 Views)

★ Guide

Revert her to day one wraith. Done, she's already top tier but that would put her in line with other s tier legends. Going thru walls is crazy broken

Message 17 of 22 (309 Views)

★ Pro
@90128zdhn1l2
While I don't have much experience playing wraith, I know what it's like to fight against her.
She's probably one of the worst legends to go up against because she already is very slippery.
This honestly sounds like too much. It would make her way unbalanced IMO.
Her ult is the same as ash? I don't think so.
Wraiths ult is a long distance portal that stays open for a decent amount of time.
Ash has a portal jump that closes very quickly you could literally only go through it once before it closes on you. As for it being better every way?
Dunno bout that, I think wraiths is defiantly better in the aspect of team repositioning where Ash's is better for herself.
Make her trail harder to see?? I already have a super hard time seeing it unless I'm right on top of it.
Was in an arena match the other day where a wraith was opening a supply bin and me being Maggie shot a drill at it (didn't realize it was a wraith at the time) I saw the tick damage start and then she literally just disappered and because I thought she was a LL at first I thought she was cheating at had teleported, but after a quick 'capture what happened' and rewatching the video and freezing at just right moment I caught a small glimpse of her trail.
If it was any harder to see I would have made a false report on that LL.
I was at a bit of a distance and have trouble distinguishing most of these legends apart.
Message 18 of 22 (302 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Most of the time when I face another Wraith, I always follow the blue line, and she hardly ever gets away. Even if she does, I at least know where she is most of the time. As for moving team members, Wraith can't even save her allies in the storm anymore, which once again, was one of her only functions. The portal literally lasts less time than Ash's under those conditions, and it's not instant. Ash can crack a shield, jump to the enemy while they are running away, and literally secure kills that way. High ground, low ground, it doesn't matter as long as you play Ash because she can get anywhere instantly. If you missed her portal, it's because you weren't using that team tactic, but you still had the option to at least. Wraith has to run away only, and it takes TIME. I'm tired of having to run as a damage role character. That's why I proposed just making her more efficient at moving herself or the squad. Going through walls at least adds versatility to her already broken kit. (Broken in a bad way) Wraith's only real advantage right now is her size, a passive warning that hardly ever goes off when it should, (game glitch I dunno?) and a well timed tactical, but she still is not viable. 

I honestly would just prefer her to remain mostly the same. Just a slightly faster reacting phase that I could turn off mid phase, and the ability to get through objects or structures would be enough. Some people think that's overpowered, but that's because most of the legends are unbalanced in a bad way as well. I just wish the legends were all good instead of being nerfed into the ground constantly, and everyone being happy with it. I feel like I'm playing an FPS for toddlers where the guns are great and all the powers suck; the same powers that make apex unique! The powers suck at their own functions! Doors already block me as is, and it's super annoying because then you can't get away even with your only defense mechanism as Wraith, which is run away. Oops, blocked again! Guess I'll die now. Do you see why Wraith mains are frustrated? We are not viable anymore just like half the roster with their own individual problems. All I want is for Wraith to be more versatile by being able to attack instead of always running away; phasing through doors, walls, and objects can make that possible. The only good phase is when a team is distracted, you're safe behind cover, or when you planned your escape 3 seconds ago, and 3 seconds is a long time when an R301 is going off and can kill you in under 2. That's just one player with a gun. Remember that every player usually has a gun and there are three on a squad, so it's even less chance at survival. I would love it if they would fix that portal in the storm back to its original function as well.

I suggested the blue line being less visible mostly as an alternative. Like if I can't have the other idea, then this could potentially be a backup. I was just suggesting various ideas because I know something needs to be fixed for her - again - like half the legends.

I'm still upset about the Wraith prestige skin, mostly about the finisher and colors. but I don't want to talk about that for now. It's just too much bad decisions lately. It's really been a let-down. Ever since APEX Legends began, it feels like all the updates have just been about taking things out of the game instead of adding aside from adding new legends. I might have to find a better FPS. That's so heartbreaking to say because I loved Apex.I had such high hopes for this game in the beginning, but now I'm not having nearly as much fun, and it honestly sucks.

Imagine playing your favorite character or even your second favorite character since the beginning of the game before season 1, and just watching everything good that you liked about that character slowly get taken away. Now you know why I feel the way I do about Wraith.

Message 19 of 22 (284 Views)

★★★ Expert
@90128zdhn1l2

Sorry to say, I'm 100% with @BigMacAttack8u on this one. Every elaborate post you made is all about how you want the game to be easier for you and harder for everyone else... when Wraith already has amongst the highest pick rates in the game. Still. After fifteen seasons. And your commentary on her hitbox was the thing that sealed the deal, demonstrating that this really isn't at all about "balancing" the legend, but about looking for a leg up personally at everyone else's expense. Sorry, but if you want to talk about a legend in need of attention there are so many others in line ahead of her. Oh wait, she's not even in the line.
Message 20 of 22 (247 Views)