Wraith ideas... You're welcome.

by 90128zdhn1l2

Original Post

Wraith ideas... You're welcome.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've been playing Wraith since the beginning of Apex, and have some unique ideas as to what I'd like to see in terms of buffs for my all time favorite legend. Let's discuss these ideas and explore new solutions in terms of buffs for Wraith.

I would love it if her phase ability could go through solid objects like buildings, or crates. Ghosting through walls adds a whole new layer to her being more useful at what she does best; repositioning either inside, or through the entire structure.

Another thing I noticed is that I don't have control over the phase ability, I would like to cancel phase mode by tapping the button a second time. This together with the first idea is ideal for situational opportunities. Attacking or running away. Wraith should be slippery, not just reposition. Like going through an entire building for example, or just getting inside. Options are key.

Some people have suggested instant phase instead of a delay. I tend to agree with them, but I understand balance is key, so maybe just reduce the time it takes at the very least? Please?

The trail can stay if you implement these ideas into the game, but if you decide not to, another way to make Wraith slippery would be to remove the blue trail, or make it harder to see somehow.

Ultimate

Idea 1 - Movement speed when using Wraith's ultimate, and more distance? This could work well with the phase ideas.

Idea 2 - Ash's ultimate is literally better in every way, and it's the same exact move. Something needs to change here. Maybe just give ash a new ultimate altogether, and give Wraith the same ultimate as before with the functionality of Ash's mechanics. Ash could get something like a few up close sword slashes that shoot out a blue arc for some distance or something. The sword could do bonus damage if it's within melee range or something because you'd get hit by the blade and the energy arc.

Please don't ever change Wraith's passive.

I love Wraith. She is my favorite character, and I really want her to be viable again with all these new legends wrecking face. Please EA! Please do something for this epic legend which I love to play and players like me. You don't need to change her abilities, just how they function. This would make her really fun to play! 

My philosophy is, if you make every legend strong in their own way, the game will be even better. Thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 22 (2,016 Views)

Re: Wraith ideas... You're welcome.

★★★★★ Pro
@90128zdhn1l2 These wraith buffs are too much, even just one.
Message 2 of 22 (1,982 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I respectfully disagree because I have hours upon hours of gameplay with her. She needs a buff. If you have even one suggestion, I'd love to hear it. I played some of the new legends and literally facerolled and won with most of them... Wraith is harder to win with than most legends, and when she does win it's most likely because she's played by a decent player, or she has other characters on her team that basically carry her.

Not only that but the game as a whole feels stagnant. Many legends need reworks or buffs. Possibly some nerfs, too. The game could be a hundred times more fun if the abilities in the game made more sense. I'm sure the pathfinder community agrees that he could benefit from a new ultimate, so why not Wraith? I just want this game to be better and think it would be cool to see EA raise the bar instead of just being ok with where it's at. Competition from a business perspective seems to be doing that, so why doesn't EA? I Genuinely want the whole game to be better. I want your favorite character, and my favorite character to feel awesome, and thrive at what they do, and how they play. More than that, I just want to have fun again. 

There is no greater reason for me to want to spend money than if the game is fun and I'm sure most people agree with that. 

I see that your picture is bloodhound. If your main is bloodhound, it makes sense why you wouldn't want any other legend to be as great seeing as bloodhound is perfect at what he does. I mean, what he originally was meant to do. He doesn't need a change. He was my first main, and he still plays great to this day. Every legend deserves that opportunity. When mirage got his first big change to his clone ultimate, he was a whole lot better and fun to play, was he not? This is my point. Phasing through walls as Wraith makes sense. Control over her phase ability makes sense.

Message 3 of 22 (1,973 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@90128zdhn1l2 I do not main bloodhound, just thought the pic was cool. Wraith has invulnerability, and a long range, quick portal. Idk if you’ve played ash, but her ult is almost useless. Ash and crypto need a buff before wraith would ever need one. The unfortunate thing is, wraith does not need a buff, legends like seer need to be nerfed. If every legend was ultra powerful, then that would be too chaotic. Also caustic needs a small buff, but he’s a difficulty character to balance, when the made his gas traps destructible with almost no damage, that destroyed him. Wraith is not in a worse place than many other legends. Wraith, Valk, Octane, bloodhound, mad Maggie, Newcastle, fuse and rampart are in good places, despite pick rates. All other legends need buffs or nerfs to match their level.
Message 4 of 22 (1,907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have invulnerability, but die half the time because it never goes off in time. How useful (sarcasm.) When I do get away, I barely get away and need to heal up before I can do anything. Quick range portal? Barely. I do agree that seer needs a nerf, I don't agree that valk is in a good place ever since they reduced her flight speed because she's an easy target in the air. Ash ultimate is not useless because it's instant and can take you to high ground alone or with a team. I agree that caustic is hard to balance, but needs a buff. Crypto definitely needs a change as well. All the legends you mentioned that are in a good place I agree with other than Wraith, and valkyrie.

But I'm here on this thread to fix Wraith first. She does need a fix, and any player who plays her a lot knows what I'm talking about. It's like I said before, she only wins when played by good players, or is carried by better legends on her team.... She is kinda useless right now. I can move people around a battlefield, but I'm limited in even that. Wow, so useful! (Sarcasm) 

My first two points are all that need to be said really about her situation, and I'm sticking to it. I know they are right. From now on, ask Wraith mains how they feel about her in terms of balance with the game, and not just the professional gamers. Majority would agree with me.

Message 5 of 22 (1,887 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@90128zdhn1l2 Wraith also has the smallest hit-box in the entire game, so small it makes fuse and path look like defensive legends. The most I would be okay with wraith getting, is a working passive / replacement passive
EX: while in any phase, wraith has visual audio of footsteps and gun firing. I know phasing tunes out audio, so I think visual audio while in phase would be the best possible solution.

Also curious to know, do you think valk needs a nerf or buff, I personally think valk is in a good place right now, but I know when compared to seer things can look weak. Interested to see your take.
Message 6 of 22 (1,877 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hard no on the passive change. I love Wraith's passive. If they change it Imma quit for real and spend my money on fortnite or something else entirely. It's the only good thing she has left in my opinion. Please don't ruin my character.

As for the hitbox being small on Wraith; it's not my fault she was designed as a small character. Why should I be penalized or praised on this fact alone? Players seem to not have any problems these days lazering me down despite the fact, so this issue doesn't even seem real anymore.

As for valkyrie, I heard she's getting a speed reduction on her flight next season(season 15). I personally like the way she is now, and think reducing her speed would make her an easy target in the air, thus removing her ability to stay alive. This would be a bad idea... She's in a good place as it is. Maybe being able to hipfire while flying would be a good choice though. Hipfire only.

Valkyrie's ultimate seems kinda lame like Pathfinder's. It just looks and feels lazy. I think they could have done a better job honestly. I think a secondary function on Valkyrie's ultimate could fix this problem. Like maybe while using valkyrie's ultimate, she could have a few charges of those missiles and she'd be able to rain down on enemies from the air. They would take a while to reach the ground anyway which wouldn't make it overpowered.

Pathfinder's ultimate should be completely changed, and his passive should be a zipline with a long cooldown. His new ultimate could be up for debate, but I like the idea of having an explosive crossbow come out of his other arm. You shoot it, it sticks to whatever it hits, then boom, big damage. Instead of that, it could just be a tracker bolt. Able to track a target for a long duration. Maybe just a sonar ping that comes online that shows you position of enemies for a duration on the minimap. Classical sonar like a submarine. Just spittfiring ideas here. I definitely like the third idea the most for pathfinder. You could even just make the sonar his passive, and he would be fixed, but if you did that, then it would have to remain  active all the time as his passive. Cool thing about sonar is the line needs to get across a screen before it blips.

The best setup for pathfinder would be to have his passive as the zipline, have his ultimate be the sonar/radar, and his tactical to remain the same.

Message 7 of 22 (1,862 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@90128zdhn1l2
(Paragraph 1)
The passive never works do me which is why I suggested the other.

(Paragraph 2)
Having a small hitbox IS an advantage, it means you are harder to hit, having a small hitbox does not mean you won’t be hit, it just means the people in your lobby have to adjust an have very precise aim.

(Paragraph 3)
Objection hearsay
Hip firing while flying would be an INSANELY overpowered buff.

(Paragraph 4)
Valk’s ult is much better than pathfinders, it is a mobile jump tower, it is in no way bad.

(Paragraph 5)
paths ult should NOT be his passive, that would be insanity, imagine a game where a passive can be used to reposition an entire squad! Al’s please not another scanning ability, we don’t need another one.

These ideas are absolutely NOT viable ideas, you need to consider the health of the game instead of just I want my fav legends buffed.
Message 8 of 22 (1,835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Absolutely rediculous. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't think you want the game improved. You just want things to remain the same. If the game remains the same, then it won't be fun, and no matter how many maps you add, battle passes, or more legends with the same old problems, none of it will matter and the game remains stale. 

Guess it's time to find a new game. One that isn't corrupted by bad ideas, or a community who wants a game to remain ruined. What a waste of time and money. I was rooting for this game since it came out, but now I'm just burnt out by all this lack of innovation. Sorry for ever getting involved. Apex legends is like a mix between overwatch, and fortnite, but sadly never delivers like either of these titles. I was just trying to make it better. The health of the game is already compromised. Have fun with your broken, boring game.

Message 9 of 22 (1,829 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@90128zdhn1l2 It’s has problems, but if any of these ideas were implemented they would ruin the game unlike other games, this game does not like to have one to dominate them all.
Message 10 of 22 (1,806 Views)