Re: Wraith, Lifeline, Octane, Pathfinder Buff

by crazyaz000

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
@Kberna7 I don't completely agree with you, Pathfinder and octane need a buff for sure, but Wraith is still a very viable legend, she has one of the best ultimates, the smallest hitbox, and a weird running animation. Wraith is in a good spot imo. As for Lifeline I think she needs some kind of rework, but she should still have low profile cause shes harder to hit.
Message 11 of 47 (570 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Abyssloli I disagree. I honestly believe that there should be zero difference in damage to any different legends. If the developers actually fixed every legends hit box instead of nerfing smaller characters and buffing the fat characters, the game would actually be balanced for once. Get rid of Low profile and the fortified thing for gibby and caustic altogether and the game would be better for it. Wraith is not necessarily the best tier legend, you can see exactly where she’s going when you use the L1 ability, she takes 5% more damage from low profile, and I don’t see how her ultimate is a real life saver. Sure it’s definitely very useful but also not one of the best. This game needs to go back to season 2 roots honestly. It was such a fun game back then. I would run into predators once in a while but there was no SBMM. You played against random people. That’s how it should be. Instead now I literally only play against predators and at the very least diamond tier players or better in pubs. That’s an issue for a different topic but on that note and the hit registration issue this season I’ve deceived to uninstall. This game literally just makes me angry and it’s not even fun. I’m done with it.
Message 12 of 47 (557 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Kberna7 Buffing fat Legends would be useless if they go down too quickly, low profile and fortified passives are needed to level the playing field when it comes to shooting. Wraith has always been one of the best legends, not only because of her hitbox, her ultimate, if used correctly can rescue a downed teammate, get your team out a bad situation, make quick rotations, etc. Yes Wraith does take 5% more dmg but she's definitely one of the hardest legends to hit. And SBMM is necessary, you don't want skilled players to stomp beginners, not enjoyable for anyone.
Message 13 of 47 (534 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is such a funny topic because when you look at the rates in which these characters are picked and rates that they win at... they're still the top of the game. Octane, maybe not so much but he's getting some changes and there are maybe a few things i would do to him but hes a delicate character to make changes to. Wraith has literally always been one of the top tier characters and remains such because of her:

1. hitbox

2. her ability to literally become invincible for a short second or two. 

3. her utility as a team player while using her ult to either take teammates places without getting hurt or even bringing downed teammates to a safe location. 

Shes incredible, really. 

Pathfinder, again, is still one of the top legends. 35 seconds is a bit much, but all that means is that you can't spam his ability. But Pathfinder's strength is in his kit, not in how often he can use that kit. the ability to go where your enemy can't is one of the most valuable skills in the game. 

Lifeline, while seeming to be overshadowed by Gibby, is still one of the most picked characters for both regular and ranked games, and her win rate is great too! I think she definitely needs to have a rework of some sort, but i would be perfectly fine with just a change of ultimate ability. the ability that they tested out on dummy's big day might be an interesting thought, but if im not mistaken, it also healed enemies. so it was a little weak as an ultimate, but if you take that part away from it, it becomes much too strong. I think what would be best for her ultimate is the ability to help up downed teammates either while far away from them, or without having to be in a revive animation at all. maybe the DOC drone does the rez while she continues to fight and lay cover fire. 

either way, all of these legends are in good places right now. some may need a slight change but I think we can be a little more patient with them.  

Message 14 of 47 (516 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Condor442 I fully agree with you, but the issue with Pathfinder besides him being weak, is that hes not fun to play anymore. You can balance a Legend without making them unplayable, Pathfinder for example could have a 15 or 20 sec cd on his grapple but a weaker ultimate.
Message 15 of 47 (488 Views)

★★ Novice

Totally agree.They made pathfinder unplayable beside  they got %5  extr adamage from bullets.

Message 16 of 47 (475 Views)

★★ Novice

Her passive ability is useless 

Message 17 of 47 (475 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Wraith is already far too OP, not only because she has by far the smallest hitbox in the game, and her passive allows her to quickly get out of dangerous situations or just walk to a thermite grenade, causic gas, or if the gets stuck by an arc star, she can just go into the void and it will disappear. Her ult, combined with the passive, allows her to bring her squad out of dangerous situations, or the just does a portal from a safe place to a carepackage, loots and goes back. Lifeline does really need a buff, but not by removing low profile, because she is the 2nd smallest char in the game. Octanes hitbox got fixed in the S5 update, and his jumppad only takes 60 secs to recharge, so I think he is OK now. Pathfinder was far too OP in S4, because you could just grapple out of everywhere, and noone had a chance to follow you. It was a great decision of respawn to increase it, but 35 secs is too much, maybe 20. Lobas passive is also really strong, not to push someone but to get out of dangerous situations. 

Also, I just want to say that I hate it when people get toxic at other players or the devs. I mean not everyone is as good as you are, and if you just installed the game, you will not instantly be level 100, no matter what your skill level is. But rather get toxic at the players but on the devs. They are doing their best to give us a great game, and imagine you were developing a game and all feedback you recieve is "nerf this", "buff him", "this game is trash". Thank you.

Message 18 of 47 (450 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@43562718 why is wraith "ruined"? the only thing they really changed was that her portal disappears after 4 secs if both ends are in the zone, because it was far too OP, and that bug where her passive and her ult allowed her to go superspeed.
Message 19 of 47 (446 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crazyaz000 you mean lifeline or wraith? because honestly both passives are great, you heal faster or you can hear, when enemies are aiming at you or there are traps around.
Message 20 of 47 (433 Views)