Why so many new Crypto skins?

by Energy4lux

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why so many new Crypto skins?

★★ Novice

Hello again,

I saw the the recent Crypto Skin "Conjurer" trailer. I feel like everytime when i open the apex store, or there is an event, you present a new Crypto skin. Always new Crypto skins, also many good looking crypto skins with new desing and not only new colors. But crypto is actually the character with the worst pick rate, so why he gets the most skins, this doesnt makes sense to me.

I don't know if only I have this feeling about it, because I don't play him and have no interest in his stuff, or if other players see it the same way.

Greetings,

Energy

Message 1 of 3 (479 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why so many new Crypto skins?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Energy4luxAs a crypto main (yes we exist), this is a fair sentiment, but I think his low pick rate is exactly why they make skins for him. They’re trying to get more people interested in playing the legend by making cool skins for him, or at least that’s my theory. It should be noted however that among Top 500 preds in battle royale*, Crypto has the highest win rate among all legends, and a decently higher pick rate than the majority of legends, however still less than 1%.

Out of curiosity I checked something:

Legendary-tier skin count for each legend
Wraith: 31
Pathfinder: 29
Bloodhound: 27
Gibraltar: 26
Lifeline: 25
Bangalore: 25
Mirage: 25
Octane: 25
Caustic: 24
Revenant: 24
Wattson: 22
Crypto: 20
Loba: 19
Rampart: 16
Valkyrie: 16
Horizon: 14
Fuse: 14
Seer: 11
Ash: 11
Mad Maggie: 8
Newcastle: 6
Vantage: 5
Catalyst: 5

It seems he has a middle-of-the-road legendary skin count comparatively, and since he lies right in the middle of all newer legends and all base roster and other older ones, I’d say it’s a fair number, especially given he was released all the way back in season 3. I think it would be unfair to prioritize skins for popular legends and just leave the rest behind, but I understand the sentiment of catering to those that are popular, for both money-making purposes and player satisfaction.

*-This is the exact opposite for Arenas haha, but that’s not important

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (429 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Energy4luxAs a crypto main (yes we exist), this is a fair sentiment, but I think his low pick rate is exactly why they make skins for him. They’re trying to get more people interested in playing the legend by making cool skins for him, or at least that’s my theory. It should be noted however that among Top 500 preds in battle royale*, Crypto has the highest win rate among all legends, and a decently higher pick rate than the majority of legends, however still less than 1%.

Out of curiosity I checked something:

Legendary-tier skin count for each legend
Wraith: 31
Pathfinder: 29
Bloodhound: 27
Gibraltar: 26
Lifeline: 25
Bangalore: 25
Mirage: 25
Octane: 25
Caustic: 24
Revenant: 24
Wattson: 22
Crypto: 20
Loba: 19
Rampart: 16
Valkyrie: 16
Horizon: 14
Fuse: 14
Seer: 11
Ash: 11
Mad Maggie: 8
Newcastle: 6
Vantage: 5
Catalyst: 5

It seems he has a middle-of-the-road legendary skin count comparatively, and since he lies right in the middle of all newer legends and all base roster and other older ones, I’d say it’s a fair number, especially given he was released all the way back in season 3. I think it would be unfair to prioritize skins for popular legends and just leave the rest behind, but I understand the sentiment of catering to those that are popular, for both money-making purposes and player satisfaction.

*-This is the exact opposite for Arenas haha, but that’s not important

Message 2 of 3 (430 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your message, it gives me a new perspective on how i see it. 

Message 3 of 3 (392 Views)