Re: Why revenant is not meta?

by Sir_Named

Original Post

Why revenant is not meta?

★★ Novice
Hello everyone, now I will try to describe the problems of the revenant and possible buffs that will bring him to the same level with the pathfinder, wraith and other meta legends.

Passive:
One of the implied uses of passive is to help teammates from unexpected places. However, due to the short climbing length, it is not possible to quickly take the right places for the element of surprise. The number of places in cities that you can QUICKLY climb without effort is small and usually the passive of a revenant can only be realized at small buildings. As for now it’s much more efficient and easier to just use the zipline or go upstairs to help teammates.
As for the initiation, while you climb to a tall building or a rock with great efforts, a lot of time will pass and the situation will change.
That's why i think climbing's length should be increased. And maybe it should be a bit quieter to realize revenant as a assasin but that buff needs to be discussed.

Tactic ability:
Here I see two problems:
1. Low projectile speed.
At average distances, it is difficult to predict the movement of the enemy in an ever-changing situation, so it’s almost impossible to hit the enemy with such a low speed.
Thus, I believe that the speed of the spell should be a bit increased.
2. No one is truly taking serious this spell.
Here you can come up with a large number of buffs, but in my opinion it would be most appropriate to set periodic damage 1 hp per second when a person get silence. This will increase the total damage of the spell to 20 points, which will give the necessary level of danger. People will more seriously consider entering the spell's area, which will also increase the zoning potential of the revenant. And most importantly, periodic damage will highlight the enemy and the revenant will know about his location for 10 seconds. This reveals the potential of a revenant as an asasin.

Totem:
Now special ability does not work stably in the right way, since it is very situational. The only way to win resources using the totem is to deal more than 100 damage to the enemy. Dealing 100 or more damage is the only way when you at least will not lose your own resourses, and it is not mentioned that when you return to the totem you are in such a vulnerable position that the caustic can kill the whole squad with just one barrel.

So, in my opinion, when you return to the totem, the legend must have 75 hp. Then, for the successful realisation of the totem, it is enough to do more than 25 damage, which is more than real. Then if you want return to the battle after you get 100 damage, it is enough to use syringe, and not a med kit, which spends a lot of time. There is also a real opportunity to immediately return to battle without a heal, if you feel that you can rush. Moreover, if a player decides to return to the battle without a heal, then he is still in a vulnerable position, since he does not have 25 hp and it is balanced in my opinion.

That is my vision of meta revenant.

Message 1 of 9 (678 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@JudexGauss His climbing must be higher and the slow effect when he reaches his climbing limit must be removed, I like your idea about making his climbing more quite. Another thing that I think about, Infinite climbing isn't as op as it may seems like. You go up straight in a single line and you risk being very easy to being shot down because of that, Also infinite climbing is no where as good as PF grapple even if you climbed in a high speed. Yes It can be more useful but it's also very situational. For tactical ability I never found a problem with the projectile speed. The damage and the AOE of it is the problem. AOE should be increased a little bit and the damage should be increased to 15 and 20 if it's a direct hit. The totem needs a complete rework:

1- once you used the totem, You become like shadows in shadowfall mode, With increased melee damage, Speed, along with faster and infinite climbing.
2- Legends who use the totem start with 25 health, and they can't use their weapons & abilites . Except for Revenant who start with full health and is able to use his weapons and abilities in shadow mode.
3-Kills in shadow form increase health and death protection time.
4-The totem area limit must be removed.
5-If death protection time end, You will be out of shadow form and you will have 25 HP with your shields, Same case if you were killed as a shadow.

It can be also reworked so you will return to the totem and enter shadow mode when you are knocked down after using the totem. That would be more fitting with Revenant revenging charecter.
Message 2 of 9 (609 Views)

★★ Expert
@SERPENT_DESCEND Not sure about melee only with the totem. Sure, it worked on King’s Canyon, but that’s only because you had infinite lives, could drop straight on the person, and King’s Canyon had more cover. World’s Edge has too much open space for a 25 health melee fighter running around to do anything. Sure, there are places with cover, but it would be even more situational than before.
Message 3 of 9 (593 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Sir_Named Just like in shadowfall, A single shadow can't do much, But think about 3 shadows charging at you with Revenant having full health. Also I can't see how that would make it more situational. You can use it to do things other than pushing an enemy. You get higher speed along with infinite climbing ability which would help you to flank, Escape, Hide, And get to specific places quickly. Not to mention that you can perform good while in shadow mode and do a massive amount of damage. It may seems hard but it's possible.
Message 4 of 9 (584 Views)

★★ Expert
@SERPENT_DESCEND 3 shadows would still only eliminate 1 person or 2 at most in a regular situation.
Also, basically having 2 extra lives is kind of op. Getting killed in shadow form returns you to town instead of death, then when you get knocked normally you return to the totem AND become a shadow. This is really op, as this could basically save someone from death twice, meaning the enemy team would have to beat each of them 3 times in order to win.
Sure, it’s possible to do well as a shadow, but hiding isn’t really the purpose of the totem. Revenant would really be the one doing the damage, which puts him up as a target, and then the two shadows would have to flank or something or else they’d just get one-tapped and blow away in the breeze. Even if they do flank, trap characters like Caustic and Wattson can easily counter their measly 25 health. The best way to win with a totem would just be to let the revenant do as much damage as it can while the other two distract.
Message 5 of 9 (560 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Someone had a terrific idea which was to make revenants tactical do 25dmg and heal rev for the amount of dmg done. I think that would work perfectly in tandem with his alt.  

Message 6 of 9 (521 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Sir_Named I don't get what you said about the 2 lives thing. I will assume you was reffering to the rework part., I meant when you return to the totem and become a shadow then you run out of health you would be out of death protection and you will be knocked down. Also it can done so Revenant is the only one who receives the buff. In that case the area limit around the totem should be increased a lot because Revenant would need to use his melee damage.
Message 7 of 9 (507 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@F1YBYN1GHT That would be op.
Message 8 of 9 (506 Views)

★★ Expert
@SERPENT_DESCEND I’ll admit, I did kind of link two ideas that you probably weren’t intending to go together.
First, the regular if you run out of health in shadow form, you return to the totem. Basically +1 lives but with a some disadvantages.
Second, if your idea that if you get knocked, you also return to the totem and go into shadow form. That’s again a +1 life, so your enemies would have to kill you 3 times in order to win.
My apologies, these things wouldn’t both be implemented. I misread your post a bit.
Message 9 of 9 (443 Views)