Re: Why buff wraith? ...

by nooblet123

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@ILikeGlueHmm I'm fine in that respect.  20k kills over a range of legends. This post is about leader ability nothing else.

And re: your YouTube vid - so what?  Octane had that problem for over a year with zero sympathy. Wraith fanbois already crying less than a day in lol. This is exactly what I mean when I say people who can't play, play wraith.

Message 11 of 32 (340 Views)

★ Guide

Wraith wasn't buffed lol, it was absolutely a nerf. The activation of phasing (combined with reduced move speed during activation) is now too long to escape combat with it, you'll be dead before entering phase every time. So wraith's main combat advantage was just taken away. On top of that, her portal range was reduced, making it harder to rotate into safe zone with it.

Message 12 of 32 (334 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The activation time is is irrelevant if assailant is reloading or at distance.

Message 13 of 32 (321 Views)

★★ Expert
@S1mmOJ The main goal was to stop it from being a get out of jail free card. The increased activation time and the decreased speed you have while activating it makes it more like Loba teleport, and achieves this.
If you need to reload, that’s just bad/good timing.
Message 14 of 32 (289 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@nooblet123 The changes were not a nerf, it was just a rework of her tactical. No longer can Wraith players push dumb fights knowing they had a "get out of jail free card" with her tactical. If you spend time playing with the new tactical you will find that if you give yourself enough time to activate her tactical you reposition much quicker and further.
Time to stop being stubborn and adapt.
Message 15 of 32 (279 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@IAmTheMeddler @Sir_Named @nooblet123 @ILikeGlueHmm 

This was taken an hour ago... it's exactly as it was before but faster/better.

https://twitter.com/JLugwick/status/1275831117141151745?s=09 

Also count the 5 shots that don't hit reg lol. Respawn is what Respawn does.

Message 16 of 32 (263 Views)

★★ Expert
@S1mmOJ Yeah, not really. Wraith had to hide behind cover to use it, even then she took 55 damage. When she came out of the tactical she still died in like one shot.
The point is that she couldn’t just use it out in the open.
Message 17 of 32 (244 Views)

★ Guide

@IAmTheMeddler wrote:
@nooblet123The changes were not a nerf, it was just a rework of her tactical. No longer can Wraith players push dumb fights knowing they had a "get out of jail free card" with her tactical. If you spend time playing with the new tactical you will find that if you give yourself enough time to activate her tactical you reposition much quicker and further.
Time to stop being stubborn and adapt.

Eh what? I am neither stubborn nor do I play wraith. I'm just stating facts. Being able to escape mid combat while being shot at was a far more powerful thing than the current ability.

Message 18 of 32 (243 Views)

★★ Guide
@S1mmOJ Octane main talking big LOL...

You’re all potato, i love when an Octane stims + Throws dont his jump pad trying to push you All that crosses my mind is “Free kill”
Message 19 of 32 (231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@ILikeGlueHmm octane abilities are trash.  This is no secret. I don't fall into the trap of jump padding into fire trust me. Imagine what I could do with a get out of jail free card... that you seem to need so desperately.  My bet is that you're one of these "can't play, so I wraith" kiddos.

She couldn't phase in the open because this particular wraith was trash (like most) but my point is any other class is dead inside that ship.  She got out and had a (slim) chance.

My point is she shouldn't have that chance. Remove invincibility altogether imo. Give her something else.

Message 20 of 32 (221 Views)