Re: When is gibby getting nerfed?

by Slender-v1

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Slender-v1 yep he's irritating at range since the fight won't end until you rush him. Inevitably I'm flanked by his team while Gibby distracts me. 

@23dannyt23 Not sure if you're joking but slowing him down is a pointless change. It's just a nerf to say "we nerfed him" without addressing any of the current complaints.

@EryxApex Can't hide, can't trade, can't camp. Yeah that's a difficult combo to fight.

Message 11 of 25 (452 Views)

★★ Guide

so if its right off the drop and i have one of the best starting early guns in a devotion, im just supposed to run away when hes right outside my building? he didnt see me. i got the jump on him and hit him for 80 before he even did any damage to me yet i still lose. and no it wasnt my aim that was the issue, its his broken arm shield

Message 12 of 25 (444 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Tperodactyl Honestly, i would've just tried to regroup if i could and tell my team, "Hey lets get this fat boi".

But if there was nowhere to go then you did all you could i guess. 

Message 13 of 25 (438 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Slender-v1 No doubt he is frustrating to fight and I have noticed that his usage seems to be going up. He is my 2nd in ranked next to path and he feels great when I play him. I also feel wraith is finally starting to decline a little, but I think on Olympus Gibby is the best character to run. He has so much value, his dome is so great on this map with all the ppl snipping constantly he throws it down and it so nice to be able to breath for a few seconds and loot. His ultimate is extremely useful as well and there is a lot you can do with it. And we already mentioned the gun shield lol.
Message 14 of 25 (430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Tperodactyl Side step behind cover. If he panics you'll see Gibraltar try to run after you or away from you. Moving = no gun shield = dead Gibby. Worst case scenario would be if he dropped his dome but even that is barely a hindrance.

It also depends on what weapon Gibraltar is using. Reloading forces him to drop his gun shield so if you make him miss a few shots you can dive him with no worries.

Not that you can use it but his height can also be a negative for him. Back in S1 I remember a Lifeline sliding directly into my feet and disappearing under my fat gut. Couldn't find her until I jumped and slid away.

Also you mentioned having the Devotion? That does enough damage to shred through Gibraltar gun shield and all. If you shoot first and don't miss it should be impossible to lose with that gun.

Message 15 of 25 (425 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Ironflower196 Yeah i think certain maps cater a lot to different legends. For instance the building design in kings canyon allows wattson to be a great pick, able to cordon off entire buildings, in a map like olympus not so much. 

I think its an issue for the meta to cater greatly towards specific legends on specific maps. Although id argue that players should be flexible with who they can utilize effectively. 

Message 16 of 25 (421 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Slender-v1 I definitely don't think Caustic or Wattson are very effective on Olympus, Wattson more so. Caustic i feel dominates WE, and ill go back to him as my 2nd in ranked. The character i feel has risen the most is Bang, the new map along with her ult buff has really helped make her a more viable option in ranked.
Message 17 of 25 (387 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EryxApex Gibraltar is beyond overpowered the fact that he has a 70 dmg shield and takes less damage not to mention his defensive bubble that you heal and revive faster in can’t forget about (Defensive bombardment) when it’s in no way defensive Bangalore’s and Gibraltar Ults need to be swapped that’s fairly obvious enough you can 1v1 a Gibraltar unless the player is unbelievably bad which 90% of them are cause they can’t find to play a character that takes skill
Message 18 of 25 (329 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Spoiler

He just needs nerf or a better counter. Gibby was one of the worst legends when the game dropped but now is one of the top. I would say they could nerf his gun shield to 50 and then buff some other legends. The only good counters I know of is Revenant and Grenades. I have been main hopping for awhile now and find it more fun to play the worst characters XD. Gibby is good but is too popular. I think they should just buff more characters to allow some of the newer characters to be in the top tiers. I don’t know a single new character that any top apex professional has claimed to be A or S tier. 

Message 19 of 25 (325 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@lDarkenzl 

#1.I believe they nerfed his gun shield down to 50 ages ago.

#2. Everyone wants to complain about damage reduction but it isn't doing much for Caustic.

I have no real stance on the rest of his kit being OP or not. I'm not a fan of any of his changes other than the greater distance he can use his abilities.

Message 20 of 25 (321 Views)