Re: When is gibby getting nerfed?

by Ironflower196

Original Post

When is gibby getting nerfed?

★★ Guide

Cant 1v1 this character at all. Having a 75hp shield is so damn broken combined that he has a 15% damage reduction. Pick one or the other

Message 1 of 25 (1,245 Views)

★★ Guide

hes impossible to win in a 1v1 early game. literally ads with a devotion, hit him for 80 out of 150 before i even get shot but his arm shield saves him. would have been an easy kill if not for how broken this f.cking character is. i lose a fight because you devs cant balance anything

Message 2 of 25 (1,240 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Tperodactyl Its very frustrating to lose at no fault of your own skill but rather it coming down to the characters hitboxes or abilities. Unfortunately i dont know what they can even do without nerfing him too bad, he already gets focused by most players and teams. I think his CD on his gun shield needs a nerf. It comes back too fast. Not to mention damaging/destroying his shield counts towards nothing. Not towards your damage done as a player or towards evo shields. If it did that would be broken as well so i understand that. 

It also needs to be disabled when he's in death totem. Thats just ridiculous. Having to do roughly 200 damage to send someone back when they only lose 50 hp is a little ridiculous.

In a game where every shot makes a difference he seems to have too much of a handicap in 1v1 fights. 

Message 3 of 25 (1,234 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Tperodactyl Haha you're not supposed to 1v1 Gibbs, you gotta be crafty.
Message 4 of 25 (1,232 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Ironflower196 I agree that in most cases you shouldn't 1v1 gibby but in some cases you don't get that choice. Also a legend shouldn't get a free pass to loot early or be uncontested just because he's THICC. 

Message 5 of 25 (1,223 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Slender-v1 I kind of want to fight these "good" Gibraltars I keep hearing about. Any loss I have against them is usually do to being stalled until his teammates drop me or a mistake on my part. 

The only legend I fear less in a 1v1 is Caustic.

Use cover and burst him down gunshield or not. Don't have to worry about accuracy since he's a large target that won't bother moving much. 

If you find yourself trading shots 1v1 against a Gibraltar then you already made a mistake. He can't fight evasively so his kit is built around trading. You're basically playing right into his only hand.

Message 6 of 25 (1,192 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Tperodactyl So the litteral tank character is too... tanky? He's supposed to be the bulwark of his team, the meat shield. Can't have an Octane-sized meat shield, bro...
Message 7 of 25 (1,172 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Zamaha400 Speaking of.. Me (Horizon) and random Lifeline (third guy quit) ran into a trio consisting of a Bloodhound (no point in hiding), a Gibraltar (no point in head to head combat) and a Caustic (just no) yesterday, and while they clearly anticipated a third guy flanking, our only saving grace was being third partied by Wraiths and Octanes en masse half a minute into the gunfight... Got a few of the Wraith players' teammates while the aforementioned trio were trying to fend off several rushing sweats, but the chaos soon swallowed me and my heroic teammate... Glorious.
Message 8 of 25 (1,169 Views)

★★ Novice
@Zamaha400 The most defensive offensive legend there is lol make him run slower then all run at 7 m per second make him run 5.5
Message 9 of 25 (1,143 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Zamaha400 Speaking from experience I don't bother with long range engagements on a gibby, because hes only going to peek when he has his gun shield. So in most cases you either need to close the distance or just leave him alone. If its a 1v1 anyway. 

In my experience a hemlock will make quick work of him. I can usually knock him before he can drop his bubble.

But i understand that most people get frustrated fighting him. And hes very popular on maps like W.E. and Olympus, so you run into him quite often.

Message 10 of 25 (1,132 Views)