Re: What in the world is the point of Gibraltar

by realy-bad-1

Original Post

What in the world is the point of Gibraltar

★★★★ Novice

This has to be the absolute worst character in the game, What was the purpose of even putting this big slow character that doesn't have any defensive properties besides a shield that anyone can walk through. Here's a better Idea, make it so the shield does damage to enemy players that try to get into it. Maybe then the big mammoth of a character that has a huge target on their head is worth playing. 

Message 1 of 9 (510 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the submission! Even though the animation for the larger Legends are slower than other ones, you still move and switch weapons/nades/items at the same speed as others. There's been some chatter around the shield, damaging an enemy player does sound interesting. 

I've found the shield very useful late game when combining it with your Ultimate as the ring gets close to an end. If you use a shotgun it forces them to come towards your dome. Seems like if you stay on the edge of the dome and pop out for quick shots it's much deadlier. 

Where do you see Gibraltar succeed the most?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 9 (500 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

What's the point of giving slower animations? I can't see any positives to it, it's uncomfortable, even if you isn't slower, than other heroes, you feel slower and that's annoying.

Message 3 of 9 (451 Views)

★ Guide

Gibraltar legendary skin (tank look like)  make him more bigger hitbox.    but anyhow, i saw very few players with good skill with him .  

Message 4 of 9 (411 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I mainly played Gibraltar but I ended up switching. I always play with the same team and always noticed that I was always the first to get killed. I can understand the scope of different character sizes but it is not working for Gibraltar.

I ended up after 75 levels of Gibraltar to switch (playing lifeline) and I immediately saw big improvement in my survivability. Its not a mater of improvement in my playing skills (which i admit i am not the best player).

I would play him again if he either gets:

a passive damage reduction to compensate his size

or increased health

or a maybe constant up time of his ADS shield (as in hip fire or in ADS not) and it being less visable then.... Like a full body absorbsion shield that regenerates.

Message 5 of 9 (404 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

My main issue with Gibraltar is that his style of fighting doesn't work well with the way my teammates like to fight. I'm best suited for mid-range combat but my allies opt for close combat around buildings. In close range my passive is worthless, barrier takes too long to deploy, and my ult is often blocked by the terrain we chose to fight in. I'd be happier with deploying my barrier a little fast and further.

Message 6 of 9 (385 Views)

Community Manager

Some new balance changes just dropped today in Patch 1.1.1.

The two thicc bois Caustic and Gibraltar just got some nice buffs. Let us know what you think about Gibraltar after playing a bit. 

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 9 (377 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Gib is the wooorrrssssssttt, not being able to shoot through your own shield, the hitbox, he just makes your team worse, the patch did nothing to help any of that sorry.

Message 8 of 9 (359 Views)

★★ Novice

Exactly whats the point of a shield when enemies can enter it or gibraltars team cant shoot through it lmao

Message 9 of 9 (332 Views)