What Loba needs to be Viable in a team.

by Cabowse

Original Post

What Loba needs to be Viable in a team.

Champion

Loba is in a tricky place, recently the devs have been buffing her slowly, a lot like crypto. However she needs a whole slew of changes to make her more viable. Here are my thoughts on her abilities and how to make her more Viable and a team player.

Passive: Eye for Quality

• Increase ping range to 90m from 12m
  • Ability to use Legend utility button to show what items are from a distance and make them easier to ping.

With Loba's Passive very often the short ping range makes it practically useless to even bother pinging through walls when you're practically there already, and very often you cannot see what the loot is that you're running towards until you are very close. Giving Loba the ability to see clearly what loot is in the area and ping is easily will make her a much better team player. For example let's say your team-mate is looking for Hammerpoint rounds, you can use your Legend utility button to show clearly around you what loot is around, and with large tooltips from a distance make it very easy to ping for teammates. Then once you're done pinging you can press the button again to stop the tooltips from obscuring your view.

Tactical: Burglar's best friend

• Bracelet does not lose momentum so quickly (especially when aiming directly up)
  • Trajectory path of bracelet is accurate (ie if it say you will reach an area you will actually reach that area.)
  • Movement speed while throwing bracelet is not diminished. 
  • Ability to cancel throw mid-flight with a 10 sec cooldown ( Incase you have made a mistake or you want to bamboozle a team)
  • Ability to translocate into midair ( maintaining momentum from the throw )

The changes here that i'm trying to make to loba's ability are all about making it more dependable. Currently the trajectory given by the bracelet doesn't always match up to how far it goes, which can leave you wanting when it comes to scaling walls or other high objects. Momentum is also a very important aspect of this ability, currently Loba is slow coming in and out of this ability which makes her feel very sluggish and really doesn't make a whole lot of sense in reality when she is supposed to be an agile cat-burglar. Also the ability to Translocate into mid-air would be very welcome as it makes the ability more versatile.

Ultimate: Black Market Boutique

• Setup speed much faster
  • Ability to take additional items by paying with crafting materials.
  • Ability for Loba to take 3 free items instead of 2.
  • Ability to close Black market boutique remotely by pressing the ultimate ability again.
  • Increase cooldown to 100 seconds from 60 to balance.
  • Ally Death-boxes within the area of boutique will have their banners automatically picked up.

The recent changes to black market boutique have been welcome but it still feels very clunky, hopefully with the suggested changes the BMB will feel much easier to use and allow people to spend the excess of crafting materials they have gathered. Also with the ability to grab banners it makes Loba more of a team-player.

Please let me know thoughts below! Out of the list what would be the change you'd most like to see?

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 1 of 1 (129 Views)