Wattson needs multiple changes/buffs

by Tam3DK1LL3R

Original Post

Wattson needs multiple changes/buffs

★★★ Novice

Overview:

We all know she is one of if not the worst legend in the game. She is easily countered and the only reason people play her right now is because of her personality and quips. A buff Wattson could get is invulnerability to arc stars or other fences.

Fence:

She can zone people in/out but that can easily be countered by shooting the very low health pylon. Her traps aren’t like Caustic’s where they can be placed mid-battle and actually change the fight most times. Although I’m sure the fences aren’t supposed to be used for damage but doing only about 10 damage is horrible! Although, it does the effect as an arc star would, 10 damage is still horrible!

Ultimate:

Oh my, this ultimate! At first, I thought it was pretty good and actually made Watson better but there’s so many things wrong with this ultimate. Yeah sure, it recharges shields which is cool but I find myself still using a shield cell because of how slow it recharges. I was playing Caustic and my teammate who was a Wattson placed her out down mid-fight, I throw my Nox grenade and realize that it’s been destroyed by my own teammate’s ult which was very tilting. Sometimes it can feel like she’s helping the enemies. I’m not sure but I think her ultimate can charge enemies’ shields.

I hope a developer was able to read this because I spent a while gathering resources and researching to get this feedback.

Message 1 of 21 (4,498 Views)

Re: Wattson needs multiple changes/buffs

★★ Pro
@Tam3DK1LL3R I really don't think she's weak :S Possibly her fences need the damage increasing by a small amount but I'm still not 100% on that.

Her pylons are all about placing them in the right place and, if you can, overlapping them so the damage ticks stack.

People seem to have thought that her pylons would be OP by default, and impenetrable. They're not - just like any other tactical in the game they have to be used well. Wraith can go invulnerable, but if her tactical is used badly it just makes you MORE vulnerable - it's exactly the same with Wattson's fences.

I played earlier and the last team camped bunker while we were on the wall outside, they were tbagging through the door (presumably thinking they were going to get the next ring), so I ran up and put 2x fences on the outside of the doors at positions where they couldn't shoot the pylons, easily done. Because of the slow effect from the fences they got cooked by the zone and we won :S We didn't need to shoot them, just wait until the zone was burning them for us to move off.
Message 2 of 21 (4,480 Views)

★ Novice
I agree she needs double if her tactical since both her and caustic have the same amount of traps but it takes 2 of her tactical to make 1 set of fences
Message 3 of 21 (4,434 Views)

★★ Pro

I don't think her fences have a limit on how many are placed though?  If there is it must be massive, based on what my Wattson-main friends are saying.

Message 4 of 21 (4,410 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes there is a maximum(12 nodes)

Message 5 of 21 (4,404 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also her ultimate charges enemies’ shields so really whose side is it on?

Message 6 of 21 (4,401 Views)

★★ Pro

They have to be sat in your lap for them to get the charged shields from your ultimate, unless they push you out of location - then you've got the same option they have : destroy it.

Wattson's ults being in the game are the best anti-3p mechanism we've had so far without the need to artificially screw up anything else in an attempt to make 3p not so egregious.

Message 7 of 21 (4,397 Views)

★★★ Pro

The fences also damage the shield health and not the base health. They should do 15 damage to the base health if you ask me. I only got one fence kill because I was fighting on a hill that i fenced using my ult and pathfinder tried to be a good teammate because i was camping his team's deathboxes just to kill him. He was hurt so bad and panic and ran right into the fence and died. The only fence kill I ever got.

She also needs fortify and it doesn't matter if her hit box is small or not. 

Her ultimate needs a bigger radius and heal shield health faster. Ultimate Accelerants need to be stackable up to 2. Her ult also needs to heal through walls and objects so I can take cover. Increase the damage to destroy the ultimate to something like 500 (only enemies can destroy it and not yourself or teammates bullets). Most people rather use healing items that let the ult heal your shield. It be great if stacking ults made the healing faster and radius bigger too. It doesn't heal through the ceiling floor either and I wish it was like a dome area of effect.

Fences should take 15 seconds to recharge as she will not hardly use them in battle. 

Message 8 of 21 (4,371 Views)

★★ Pro
@Leo_the_Lion25 She needs fortify and it doesn't matter if her hitbox is small or not. Do you read this before you press submit? What possible reason is there for giving her a damage reduction passive? She's harder to kill than most because of her hitbox and model not resembling each other, just like the fat pathfinders.

You're talking about her ult and tactical as though they're supposed to be the only things that do damage or healing. The damage isn't the main point of her fences - it's the arcstar effect on her victims' ability to turn and disabling their sprint. That's LETHAL. If you made her fence do 3 or 4x the amount of damage but took away this effect : she would be useless.

Stacking ults DOES make the shield healing faster. You can stack up to 3x of the ults and the recharge rate of shields goes up exponentially.
Message 9 of 21 (4,357 Views)

★ Apprentice

i think a good buff for wattson would be to stop the enemy shields from healing when in range, and maybe to increase the stun time on her fences....

if not either of those then make the beams brighter/wider so they cant be seen through at distances. this would be to prevent a long range engagement(as much as possible) to where she is at her worst

Message 10 of 21 (4,181 Views)