Wattson in a good place ?!

by JimmyLad993

Original Post

Re: Wattson in a good place ?!

★★★★ Guide
@Red_Fox_Skulk You're right sorry it feels more like a stun but it is just a slow. They have picked on her for being an extreme camper as well, but they tried to make up for it by increased damage of her fence. I'm fine with a small buff like that, I just don't think they should reverse her back to the must pick or rework her into a more aggressive character. Some thing I would like to point out tho is how her pick rate shoots up for LTMs. Specifically for the ones with limited resources as well as like the winter express. I love playing her in these modes she is invaluable in them. I am sorry she is not a fun pick in pubs tho, but they really should work on rampart. Atleast wattson is a winner.
Message 11 of 44 (364 Views)

★★ Guide
@JimmyLad993 My only ever real problem with Wattson is how long it takes for her to set up her fences accurately. Kind of wish there was an auto set up mode similar to caustic
Message 12 of 44 (353 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Guiltygear-ZI feel the same way, either her fences need to recharge twice as fast or as you suggested 2 fences recharged at once so she doesn’t rely so much on her ultimate just to be somewhat decent... also with Caustic getting gas damage increased and with the addition of Fuse’s tactical... Wattson’s fences are in major need of a health buff similar to Ramparts walls

her ultimate should also be unlimited rather than 90 seconds... it is so easy to destroy and you have to remember she used to be able to place THREE of them... and now she can only have 1 as far as I know they may of buffed it back to 2 but with the 90 second timer it doesn’t matter once again she relys too much on her ultimate to be useful

Message 13 of 44 (344 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Ironflower196 wouldnt say that's hurting the team, I'd say that's lack of communication which come down to the player. And didn't you say gas can eailys be avoided ? Maybe you should of walked round the gas to get a line of sight? Just a thought.
Yes her ultimate is good in how you can put up fences faster but If you don't have it or have no ultimate accelerants then you have to wait a minute, to put up one fence. If caustics traps get set of or he shoots them, the gas lasts a quite a while so by the times it's gone his cool down is next to nothing.

Fences are slow to put up and easily destroyed, and it's not a given that your going to come across ultimate accelerants.
Her ultimate also depending on where you place it, won't destroy incoming grenades I've had this happen a lot.
Fences only slow like someone else has pointed out, and your always going to take more damage of gas than her fences, you'll be lucky if anyone passes through your fences sometimes, if you play caustic your almost guaranteed someone's going to set your traps off at some point.
Her fences are easily spotted and easily destroyed
Message 14 of 44 (312 Views)

★ Guide

Win rate statistics are completely irrelevant. Win rate only shows that people happen to win while playing certain legends. That gives absolutely zero explanation of why they won. You don't need any legend abilities to win games. I've won games at Wattson without using her abilities at all because I never needed to. I have seen three Wattsons in ranked and public matches since this season started. She is useless in King's canyon. Her fences don't cover areas worth spit because of how open the map is, and even if the fences are utilized successfully, they literally do ten damage and slow for half a second. Also, she shouldn't have low profile as a defender with zero mobility. And on top of all that, her ultimate negates friendly projectiles, so she is quite literally a liability to the team. You can forget about running Gibraltar, Caustic, or Bangalore with her. She needs a complete rework and low profile removed. The development team is exercising an absence of logic and reasoning by modifying mechanics based on completely nonsensical criteria. Nerfing Wraith because win a lot with her is stupid. Making smaller legends take more damage but then making an exception to Pathfinder, a very tall legend, because he has a mobile tactical, is cognitive dissonance because Octane has infinite speed boosts with a now-meta mobility ultimate. Several other legends have mobility boosts too. It's ridiculous.

Message 15 of 44 (310 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@JimmyLad993 How does that not hurt the team when you leave them exposed outside the building while you sit in a hole? I have also been locked inside buildings with the enemy team by my own Caustic how does locking me inside when I come to support you a good thing? Please tell me Jimmy how getting your teammates killed helps the team. And communication? Most guys don't use mics and believe me I was screaming at them for these things. Oh ya but you're right let me leave my good position to walk around them into the final storm or directly in front of them with no cover to get shots in. The first part of that post is all I can stand to read from you, it was so awful I'm probably going to have nightmares.
Message 16 of 44 (301 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Ironflower196 that's a player issue, your playing with people that do that, not a legend issue.
Wattson is a considerably weaker legends than caustic, but your opposed to having her changed, yet your sticking up for caustic yet hating on him?
When I said caustic could be used aggressively and offensively you said 'wow a patch of gas you can easily avoid'
Was just suggesting you use your own advice.

You don't have to read it, I just don't understand how you can argue Watson is in a good place right now
Message 17 of 44 (292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@SugaryJuiceHow are win rates irrelevant if it's something they look at and mention in patch notes? Also sure I have won games where my whole team doesn't get a kill, but if win rates are irrelevant then why do pro teams apparently run the same characters? I have seen 3 wattsons in one game of ranked my guy because I remember a buddy and me making the comment we hadn't seen so many wattsons in a long time he killed one early and there were two in top 5. Of course it has always been pretty rare to see a wattson I don't think her pick rate has ever been above like 3 percent. Do you really play wattson though? Because you seem a little behind with stuff her fences do 15 damage and you can throw grenades and use abilities with her pylon as long as you are inside the bubble.

Message 18 of 44 (285 Views)

★★ Expert
@SugaryJuice Exactly, Whenever I play wattson I rarely even use her abilities and will get 5+ kills each game but I can do the exact same thing on rampart or any other legend... win rates and kill stats don’t show you the whole picture
Message 19 of 44 (258 Views)

★★ Expert
@Ironflower196 Caustics gas doesn’t hurt a team because it damages and slows the enemy team, now what does hurt a team is bangalores smoke atleast I almost always die due to a bangalore random smoking themselves (I even blind myself sometimes when I play bangalore lol)
Message 20 of 44 (256 Views)