Wattson buff Idea

by Arkuos16

Original Post

Wattson buff idea for future patch.

★ Novice

We have all been asking for this. Wattson is somewhat decent at holding down buildings and good in 1v1 fights due to her small hit box and animation. But I am baffled as to why the devs think she is over powered smh. 1.....give her a lesser cool down time for her fences, 2.....make her fences reconnect more quickly when she or her teammates walk through it, 3......make her ult degenerate enemy shields while it regenerates teammates shields, 4....any buff will suffice at this point cause y'all haven't done so since like season 4 smh.

Message 1 of 10 (715 Views)

Re: Wattson buff idea for future patch.

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@iamRe3bo0tDaniel Klein was the main reason Wattson wasn’t being buffed but he is no longer working at Respawn so hopefully whoever is taking over will give Wattson some Love

I know right now they are planning on nerfing Wattson’s Hitbox but they are planning on buffing her to make her more fun to play but I have no information on what these changes might be

Personally as someone who is kinda a Wattson main but isn’t I just want her cooldown reduced because she literally gets 1 node in 30 seconds when you need 2 nodes to make another fence ._. So basically her fences have a 1 minute cooldown and can be seen from a mile away

I don’t know if they are still working on a toggle for her fences or that idea was scrapped but back in Season 7-8 they said they would allow Wattson to turn her fences on/off and that could potentially be a shocking surprise to the enemies and make her more fun to play

I honestly think they skipped Wattson and Crypto’s Heirlooms on purpose and went straight to Revenant and Rampart because they are going to wait to rework Crypto and Wattson to make them more popular so they will earn more money but Idk because they also skipped Loba and she is pretty solid imo

Message 2 of 10 (659 Views)

★ Guide

Because the DEVs don't play their own game. Caustics gas is still borderline useless, Wattson's fences, are border line useless, both are easily destroyable, Gibraltar's dome Shield needs 2 charges, and should stop enemies from walking into it.

Message 3 of 10 (628 Views)

★ Guide
@EEAAITSINTHEDLC Gibby's dome is the best tactical in the game and caustic is oppressive with gas down. What game you playing?
Message 4 of 10 (618 Views)

★★ Expert
@EEAAITSINTHEDLC Gibralter’s dome shield is fine, the way I use it is I just launch it towards the enemy team to allow me to push up closer but still have some cover to defend in and out of and overall Gibralter is the strongest legend in the game and doesn’t really need Fortified imo however Caustic still needs Fortified because in open areas he’s pretty much defenceless vs Gibralter with a gun shield or dome shield but in earlier seasons I was able to throw down a gas trap and it would block bullets... I don’t know why they removed that feature
Message 5 of 10 (610 Views)

★ Guide

"Gibby's dome is the best tactical"

(10) You Serious? - YouTube 

Message 6 of 10 (601 Views)

★ Guide

"overall Gibralter is the strongest legend in the game"

RIGHT....... Because all those people queing solos getting 10+ kill gamesare all gibraltar players, and not octane's and wraiths!!

Message 7 of 10 (600 Views)

Wattson buff Idea

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So, my main lady Wattson has had a rough time of it lately. She was brought in as a pretty strong legend, but through a couple nerfs and as the meta has shifted, she's been left in the dust. I think a little re-work to her kit is in order. Now, I don't want a completely new kit for her; she wouldn't be Wattson any more. Here's what I propose:

Passive: 

Passive remains the same as now, except her shield recharge is constant. It doesn't matter how often she takes damage, it will still tick up slowly. Just to add a bit of difference between her and octane.

Tactical:

Her pylons can now hook up to 4 different pylons. This would add a bit more variety to what she could make with them. As it stands currently, the best shape you can realistically make is either a maze like structure that loops around on itself, or a giant ring. This would make it so that removing a single pylon from a chain doesn't completely negate a large portion of the area it covers. 
OR

Her pylons now set up in stages, instead of all at once. Like a closing garage door, but upwards as the pylons rise, the electric fences would make pushing her before they are fully setup a little trickier

Ultimate:

Her Pylon, as it now has a timer, is indestructible. This would make just shooting it to get rid of her main defensive ability moot. Its got a charge time of 3 minutes, 90 seconds of usefulness should not be negated by hitting it a couple times.

Message 8 of 10 (553 Views)

Re: Wattson buff Idea

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

i rather be able to turn the fences on or off at will this you can add an element of surprise  to her kit like Caustic  the Main reason people play him  ..it Fun  .. and Fun she needs  ..people think this is Some how to OP .Yet they released a legends  that has almost more abilities then all the legends combined 

Message 9 of 10 (504 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Gibby in competitive play is Unbalance and a Must have or you will lose his Arm shield including taking less damage coupled with constant  hit reg Bug they still did not fix makes him far to Tank'y then he should be  .and low ranks he is Terrible .His Shields Counters Both Caustic and Wattsons Traps enemy or Foo ..i Lost many games with Wattson because some idiot Gibby teammate thinks it's a good idea to throw down his bubble effectively canceling the fences allowing the enemy to run in care free and Just beam us for easy Free Kills exactly one of the game plays that Pushed Wattson out of Meta in the first place 

Message 10 of 10 (510 Views)