Re: Watson is lacking, this would change that

by BBY_YOD4

Original Post

Watson is lacking, this would change that

★★★★★ Novice

(I play on Xbox, so my experience is from there.)

Correct me if I’m wrong; Watson is chosen the least as her abilities are pretty underwhelming because the are obvious and easy to counter. I have rarely seen fences work effectively. I have been using her for the last week to try different strategies and see if anything really worked. The answer is no, as the fences are very difficult to put in effective spots they won’t be immediately shot at, or just people go around. On top of this, the effect if they do cross the fence is quite minor. 

I have 2 suggestions I think will change this a lot, and perhaps make her chosen much more frequently. 1. Give them a toggle on and off ability. Just like how you can control mirage’s clone. In the off position, they are just the disks on the ground. When turned on, the poles extend and the fence comes on. This can lead to much more effective trapping, even in open fields. The damage and slow wouldn’t even need to be adjusted as the element of surprise would be enough.

2. This fits VERY well with the first suggestion. Instead of only allowing them to be mounted to floors, allow them to be mounted to walls as well, and the poles extend horizontally. This could be used for a variety of situations. Like efficiently blocking vertical zip lines, or greatly changing an indoor fight by forcing the enemy away from certain walls and cover, making the area they can move in much smaller without being zapped. Mixed with the first suggestion, it would be right on par with caustic as a trapper.

Message 1 of 4 (357 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@GuardianReaper0I really like the ideas you have. I would say make the thing at the bottom of pole (I don’t know what to call it) that the fences would go into when you disable them, make that smaller, that way people will have a hard time noticing it. Another thing I would say is to be able to make them with trip wires. So when people walk through it, it would either set the traps off or make some type of noise to tell you activate the fence or that they are in that location.

Message 2 of 4 (323 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@BBY_YOD4 wrote:

@GuardianReaper0I really like the ideas you have. I would say make the thing at the bottom of pole (I don’t know what to call it) that the fences would go into when you disable them, make that smaller, that way people will have a hard time noticing it. Another thing I would say is to be able to make them with trip wires. So when people walk through it, it would either set the traps off or make some type of noise to tell you activate the fence or that they are in that location.

It already does tell you if someone crosses your fence, it’s just that nobody ever does because it’s so avoidable.

Message 3 of 4 (318 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@GuardianReaper0I meant when the fence is disabled there would trip wire to tell you or activate when someone has walked through it. I know about the voice line she has when someone walks through her fence.

Message 4 of 4 (281 Views)